Summit Aviation, a Greenwich AeroGroup Company, announced they have been selected by Northrop Grumman to build Faraday Cages for their Fire Scout program.
Summit Aviation will be responsible for procuring material and tooling, preparing manufacturing planning and quality documentations as well as performing the final assembly. The Faraday Cage is a subassembly that is installed on the U.S. Navyâ€™s MQ-8C Fire Scout unmanned helicopter.
â€œWe are extremely excited to be awarded this contract,â€ said General Manager of Summit Aviation Ralph Kunz.Â â€œThis is our first manufacturing contract with Northrop Grumman and we are proud to partner with them on this project.â€
The Faraday Cages will be assembled at Summit Aviationâ€™s manufacturing facility in Somerset, Ky.
About Summit AviationÂ
Summit offers aircraft and engine maintenance and modification services on Bell, Eurocopter, Sikorsky, Boeing and MD helicopters as well as on Pilatus, Cessna, Beechcraft King Airs, Beechjets and other light jet model aircraft. The company also provides engine maintenance and support to its customers which include Pratt & Whitney, Turbomeca, and others. The Somerset Kentucky facility, Summitâ€™s Manufacturing Center, offers new dynamic manufacture, assembly and testing along with aerostructures manufacturing and assembly. For more information visit www.summit-aviation.com
About Greenwich AeroGroup
Greenwich AeroGroup, Inc., owns and operates providers of general, commercial, government and military aviation services including: maintenance, avionics and interior refurbishments; fixed base operations; aircraft sales, charter and management; manufacturing and engineering; component repair and overhaul; parts distribution and financial services. Current locations include: Atlantic Aero, Inc., located at Piedmont-Triad International Airport in Greensboro, N.C.; Western Aircraft, Inc., located at Gowen Field in Boise, Idaho; Summit Aviation, Inc., located at Summit Airport in Middletown, Del.; DAC International, Inc., located in Austin, Texas; Matrix Aviation, Inc., located in Wichita, Kan.; Professional Aviation Associates, Inc., located in Atlanta, Ga.; Professional Aircraft Accessories, Inc., located in Titusville, Fla.; NASAM, Inc., located in San Francisco, Calif., and GCCUS Inc. located in Aptos, Calif. Additionally, Greenwich AeroGroup owns an interest in Helivia Aero Taxi located in Rio de Janerio. News and information are available atÂ www.greenwichaerogroup.com.
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award
- FAA downgrades Malaysia safety rating
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- Metro Aviation appoints HR Director
- Becker delivers ADS-B transponders for German law enforcement AS332s
- FindHeli launches helicopter booking app
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance becomes fourth UK EMS operator with Air Operator Certificate
- US Army to buy 31 simulators from Ryan Aerospace
- GE partners with Hybrid Project for high-endurance VTOL UAV
- Lockheed Martin appoints leader of Future Vertical Lift campaign
- FAA issues new diabetic protocol for pilots
- Milestone CEO promoted to top GECAS role