Â The Brazilian National Civil Aviation Agency (ANAC) has certified the FastFinÂ® Tail Rotor Enhancement and Stability System for installation and flight on Bell 204, 205 and 212 helicopters. ANAC certification for BLRâ€™s Bell 412 FastFin system is forthcoming.
Brazilian operators of these Bell medium helicopters may now join their worldwide counterparts in realizing significant performance improvements in hover load, hover stability and safety. The system includes two parallel stall strips, known as Dual Tailboom Strakes, on the tailboom and a reshaped vertical fin. FastFin optimizes airflow around the tailboom, dramatically improving tail rotor efficiency and wind azimuth tolerance. FastFin also reduces operating costs and reduces cycle fatigue in structures and demands on tail rotor rotating components.
â€œOnce installed, most operators will experience an useful load increase of 500 lbs. while hovering out of ground effect and up to 1250 lbs. of increased in ground effect hover is certified on the Bell 412,â€ said Dave Marone, vice president of sales and marketing for BLR Aerospace. â€œNo matter what conditions you are flying in, Brazilian operators using FastFin can expect marked improvements in safety and reduced pilot workload.â€ FastFin is beneficial across the operational envelope, delivering the most dramatic performance enhancements in hot/high conditions.
In 2010, Bell Helicopter made FastFin standard equipment on new Bell 412EPs, and today, more than 450 FastFin systems are operating globally, supporting diverse missions ranging from airborne law enforcement to offshore oil transport.
For King Air operators worldwide, BLR offers its Winglet Systems and new LED Lighting Systems – over 400 Winglet Systems are in operation in 40 countries.
BLR Winglets enhance aerodynamics and safety for the King Airs on which they are installed, and operators report a range of handling and operational benefits, including fuel savings. Fuel consumption can be reduced by 5 percent, an important consideration as the price of fuel continues to climb. In addition, Winglets deliver a 100 percent return on investment, according to Carl Janssen of the Aircraft Bluebook-Price Digest.
Winglets increase wingspan (by three feet five inches) as well as wing aspect ratio, lowering induced drag. Reduced drag makes for faster flying on lower fuel consumption. Winglets also act as a physical pressure barrier, which conserves valuable lift at the outboard extremities. Safety is enhanced through improvements to handling, OEI climb, and slow flight. The advanced LED System is especially helpful for pilots who frequently fly at night, and is far more reliable and visible than incandescent lighting systems.
BLR offers a range of certified Winglet Systems for King Air 90, 200, and 300 aircraft models. In addition, BLR Winglet Systems have been incorporated into production by the Original Equipment Manufacturer. BLR Winglets are standard equipment on both the King Air 90 GTx and 250. The King Air B200GT Ultimate Performance Package, available as a fielded fleet retrofit, incorporates winglets, improves runway performance, and delivers an increase in maximum mach operating speed.
BLR Aerospace representatives will be available to discuss innovative FastFin and Winglet Systems during the Latin American Business Aviation Convention and Exhibition (LABACE), August 15-17 in SÃ£o Paulo, Brazil, booth number 4020. Lider Aviation and Quick AviaÃ§Ã£o are authorized by BLR to sell and install Winglet Systems within Brazil.
About BLR Aerospace
BLR develops high-performance aerodynamic solutions for fixed- and rotary-wing aircraft, and backs its superior designs with unsurpassed manufacturing quality. Products include FastFin, Dual Tailboom Strakes, Winglets and vortex generators for customers that include industry-leading OEMs and operators worldwide. Note to editors: It is no longer accurate to refer to BLR Aerospace as Boundary Layer Research.
- FAA certifies new Bell 204/205/UH-1 blades from HTC
- 10-Jan-19 VH-HUE Bell 205 Talbingo, Australia
- Installation of Power and Control Box for external load operation at helicopter Bell 204/205
- HTC makes Metal Main Blades available for Bell 204, 205, UH-1
- Canada approves Onboard Systems Non-Rotating Cargo Hooks for Bell 204, 205, 212, 412
- Bell approves VIH Aerospace Bell-Medium Tailboom Fixture
- FAA certifies Onboard Systems Non-Rotating hooks for Bell 204, 205, 212 and 412
- 14-Sep-15 Agusta-Bell 205 Sinazongwe, Zambia
- 14-Aug-15 N15HX Bell 205A-1 La Verne, US-California
- Onboard Systems extends TBOs on medium Bell cargo hooks
- VIH Aerospace Delivers Rejuvenated Bell 205 to HeliMax Aviation
- Helimax Aviation Expanding Its McClellan Airport Base
- Sunset Aviation Service launches new website
- 21-Apr-15 HA-5066 Bell 205A1 Ahmad Yani, Indonesia
- 06-Apr-15 C-GSIT Bell 205A.1 Key Lake, Canada
- 17-Mar-15 MM80722 Agusta-Bell 205A.1 Casera Razzo, Italy
- Tempest Aviation Group plans service expansion with Quantum MRO and Logistics Software
- 02-Mar-15 C-GLVI Bell 205 Revelstoke, Canada
- All Metal MS completes two year project with Ventura County Sheriff
- Transport Canada certifies Aero Design MEGA Basket for Bell 205 and 212