DART Helicopter Services is pleased to announce Brazilian (ANAC) Approval of Apicalâ€™ s Cable Cutters Kits for AB139 & AW139 model helicopters. FAA, Transport Canada and EASA approvals have been previously received.
The Apical AB139 & AW139 Cable Cutters Kits provide a means of protecting the helicopter during a wire strike by providing the capability to cut a cable or wire before catastrophic damage occurs.
The kits are designed to reduce the possibility of a cable or wire entering the cockpit and to reduce the change of flight control damage.Â Similar cable/wire cutting devices have proven to be effective even during multiple wire strikes.Â The kits incorporate both an upper and lower deflectors and cutters and each cutter is designed with high strength blades.Â The Apical Cutter design was tested to verify the capability to cut multiple cables with a combined tensile strength of 32,100 lbs.Â The kits also containÂ deflectors for the windshield wiper posts.Â The kits has are offered in two configurations, one with a short lower deflector, and one with a longer lower deflector that covers more frontal area against a possible cable strike.Â An optional GPS Antenna Mount Kit is also available, which allows the antenna to be placed on the upper cutter deflector for ideal positioning of the antenna.
â€œSupporting helicopter operators worldwide is very important to DART Helicopter Services and having new products certified in key markets like Brazil is vital to our successâ€, stated Steve Joseph, Vice President of US Operations.
Apical Industries is Proudly Distributed by:
DART Helicopter Services, 1270 Aberdeen Street, Hawkesbury, ON K6A 1K7 (www.darthelicopterservices.com), is a privately held Sales, Marketing and Manufacturing Company whose primary focus is developing innovative STCâ€™d products and creating sales networks for aerospace manufacturers who are looking to benefit from DARTâ€™s global marketing network and sales channel.Â DART is the logical choice for rotary wing operators who are seeking a supplier with a comprehensive product line and superior customer support. DARTâ€™S subsidiary and affiliated companies own over 600 STCâ€™s, manufacture and distribute over 3,500 accessories and 2,000 Tools.Â With its highly trained and knowledgeable North American and International sales team, DART distributes more than 3,500 aftermarket products to over 120 countries worldwide.Â For further information, please call our Customer Support Center at 1 (800) 556 4166 or 1 (613) 632 3336 or by e-mail at [email protected]
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- Caverton signs for AW139 simulator from Thales
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Honeywell and Leonardo upgrade AW139 with Synthetic Vision Navigation
- Omni Táxi Aéreo picks Skytrac for Real-Time HUMS and Satellite Push-to-Talk solutions
- Leonardo announces the purchase of an AW139 Level D FF)S by Suzuyo & Co of Japan.
- Milestone Announces Leases of 7 Helicopters with Héli-Union
- Heli-One Approved to Develop AW139 IGB TGB Capability
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Leonardo Philadelphia delivers 300th AW139
- US Air Force gives Leonardo MH-139 a name – the Grey Wolf
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Petroleum Air Services adds 6th AW139
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- NHV gains a UK Air Operator Certificate
- Civil helicopter market presence grows in South Africa
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Leonardo delivers its 1,000th AW139 helicopter
- Russian operator Skypro adds fourth AW139