Wear Red Day launches on Friday 28th September, for the first time in its history and it is a day which we hope will become an annual fundraising event. Simply by wearing red to the office, school or on a night out, you can raise awareness and money for our life-saving service.
‘Wear Red Day’ will become a dress code on 28 September for all Londoners willing to support London’s Air Ambulance. By turning a casual Friday to Wear Red Day and collecting a minimum of £1 from participants, everyone can make a difference to the 10 million people who live, work and commute within the Capital.
Dr. Gareth Davies, Chair & Medical Director, London’s Air Ambulance, said: “London’s Air Ambulance relies heavily upon donations from the public. “Serious injury is the commonest cause of death in under 55s. London’s Air Ambulance treats over 2,000 seriously injured patients a year and by wearing red on this day and getting others involved, you are helping us to continue to save lives. It is so simple!!”
Why not wear something red for the day at your school or work place? You can wear red head to toe, dress up as a tomato or just wear red socks to show your support. Fundraising should be fun and an event like this is easy to organise and takes very little pre-planning.
Some people also auction a dinner with senior management within their organisation, hold a cake sale or a sponsored chest wax. Anything is possible. We can help with posters, stickers and wristbands for those taking part.
The Wear Red Day is a part of National Air Ambulance Week (24th – 30th September), the UK wide initiative organised by Association of Air Ambulances.
To register, visit, http://londonsairambulance.co.uk/component/content/article/542
or contact Amanda Crozier at London’s Air Ambulance on 020 7943 1302 or email [email protected].
- Tanis receives STC for MD902 Preheat System
- Cornwall Air Ambulance flies 670 missions with two MD902s in 2017
- CoxHealth adds second MD Explorer
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance confirms sale of 2 MD902 Helicopters
- Hungarian Police introduce MD902 fleet bought pre-owned from Germany
- Busiest Day in the Year for Lincolnshire and Nottingham Air Ambulance
- Londons Air Ambulance wins Pride of Britain Award
- London Air Ambulance boss quits
- Cornwall Air Ambulance make milestone 26,000th rescue
- JSSI increases helicopter coverage
- Hungarian Police buys five pre-owned MD Explorers
- Londons Air Ambulance launches photo competition for 2017 calendar
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance go 24×7 – but on four wheels
- Name for second MD Explorer announced by London Air Ambulance
- Cornwall Air Ambulance extends HQ with help of banking fines
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust to replace MD Explorer with AW169
- Universal Avionics flies MD902 with InSight Integrated Flight Deck
- Cornwall Air Ambulance recruits eight doctors
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance orders second H145
- UK Police evolves as two more bases close as planned