Bernhard Gerwert, 59, has been appointed Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Cassidian and Member of the EADS Executive Committee with immediate effect. He will succeed Stefan Zoller, 54, who has decided to leave EADS in order to pursue new professional challenges. Stefan Zoller has led the Groupâ€™s defence and security Division since 2005.
â€œI want to thank Stefan Zoller for his dedication to EADS and for nearly two decades of strong personal engagement in and for our industry. Under his leadership, Cassidian succeeded in improving significantly its profitability in a difficult market environment. Stefan also laid the foundation for future business growth by furthering the internationalisation of Cassidian. I wish him all the best for the future,â€ said Tom Enders, CEO of EADS.
Bernhard Gerwert assumes his new duties with a proven track record of more than two decades in the aerospace and defence industry. He has served in various senior management functions of the EADS Group as well as its German predecessor companies. Since 2011, he has been the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Cassidian, overseeing all business activities within the Division. Previously, from 2007 to 2011, he headed the Cassidian business units Air Systems and the Defence Electronics business unit from 2004 to 2007.
â€œAs for the succession, we did not have to look far. There could not have been a better choice than Bernhard Gerwert. His knowledge of the Group as well as the defence and security business is second-to-none. It is imperative that we focus our efforts on those areas where we can deliver consistent revenues with strong margins. Bernhard has repeatedly proven his outstanding managerial skills, his credibility and standing inside and outside the Group is excellent. He not only has my full support but also that of the entire Board of Directors for this challenging job. Bernhard will provide Cassidian with the necessary new directions and impulses,” Enders said.
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- Most US Helicopter Accident Indicators Pointed in Right Direction During 2020
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- 21-Jan-21 ZT-RRT Bell 430 Bergville, South Africa (5F)
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual