The Nigerian Police have recently added two more Bell 412EPs to bring their fleet of the type to six.Â Serials 36576 and 36577 – test flown as N455ZT and N4554L – arrived last week in Lagos after shipment across the Atlantic.Â Both aircraft are shown on the FAA register as 2011 builds and have yet to be cancelled from the “N” register.
The Nigerian Police fleet also includes two Bell 206s, three Bell 427s and recently acquired a Cessna Citation XLS jet.Â They also have a Cessna Citation I and a Conquest II in storage.Â A fourth Bell 427 crashed fatally in March 2012.
In 2005, the Federal Capital Authority also donated a Robinson R44 to the Nigeria Police, but it never entered service due to the lack of both suitable fuel and a type-rated pilot.
In 2010, the Government announced plans to acquire five Bell 429s for the Police, but this has not materialised to date.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- President of Uruguay welcomes first SAR AB412
- Leonardo AB412 – EASA AD 2020-0192 – Electrical Power – Cable Assembly
- Bell 205, 205, 212, 214, 412 – FAA AD 2020-16-10 – Shoulder harness
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI Receives FAA STC for Bell 212 and 412
- Triumph To Provide Mechanical Flight Controls For Multiple Bell Platforms
- AAT delivers first Bell 412 EMS interior to Montenegro military
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- Astronautics to provide integrated flight display system for Bell 412EPX
- Bell Announces New Technological Enhancements
- Astronautics Nears FAA Approval on STC for RoadRunner EFI on Bell 212 and 412
- Genesys Aerosystems’ Modernized Avionics Suite Achieved STC in Bell 412EP & 412
- 25-Oct-19 FAC0006 Bell 412 Albán, Colombia (6F)
- Canada to extend life of Armed Forces Bell 412 fleet
- Genaire expands fuel cell repair capabilities to include Bell 412 and 214
- Montenegrin Air Force adds three Bell 412s
- ACE Training Centre adds new AW139 and B412 approvals
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia