The Nigerian Police have recently added two more Bell 412EPs to bring their fleet of the type to six.Â Serials 36576 and 36577 – test flown as N455ZT and N4554L – arrived last week in Lagos after shipment across the Atlantic.Â Both aircraft are shown on the FAA register as 2011 builds and have yet to be cancelled from the “N” register.
The Nigerian Police fleet also includes two Bell 206s, three Bell 427s and recently acquired a Cessna Citation XLS jet.Â They also have a Cessna Citation I and a Conquest II in storage.Â A fourth Bell 427 crashed fatally in March 2012.
In 2005, the Federal Capital Authority also donated a Robinson R44 to the Nigeria Police, but it never entered service due to the lack of both suitable fuel and a type-rated pilot.
In 2010, the Government announced plans to acquire five Bell 429s for the Police, but this has not materialised to date.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Canada to extend life of Armed Forces Bell 412 fleet
- Genaire expands fuel cell repair capabilities to include Bell 412 and 214
- Montenegrin Air Force adds three Bell 412s
- ACE Training Centre adds new AW139 and B412 approvals
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- TRAXXALL Technologies Announces New Client
- Nigerian Air Force launches second Bell 412
- New developments for the Bell 412
- Bell appoints Abu Dhabi Aviation as CSF for 212s and 412s
- Milestone leases two Bell 412s to FAASA for firefighting
- Norwegian Bell helicopters to be maintained by Patria
- Dart updates landing gear approvals for Bell 412 higher gross weight
- Canadian Defence Minister wants B412 and AW101 upgrades
- FlightSafety expands initial NVG training to B212/B412 and Airbus H135
- Bell commercial deliveries 35% down in 2016
- Long Standing Bell Customer Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- RAC Rescue Helicopter reaches 5000 milestone