Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE:NOC) and AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company (FNC IM, SIFI.MI) announced today that they have signed a comprehensive teaming agreement to respond to anticipated requests for both the new Air Force Combat Rescue Helicopter and the Navyâ€™s recently announced program to develop a new â€œMarine Oneâ€ Presidential Helicopter. A US built helicopter based on the AW101 platform will be offered by Northrop Grumman to meet these requirements.
The teaming of Northrop Grummanâ€™s proven management and systems integration expertise with AgustaWestlandâ€™s world-renowned rotorcraft manufacturing and advanced helicopter design/development, offers both programs an optimum mix of capability to successfully bring the best possible new combat rescue helicopter to the Air Force and the best possible new Presidential helicopter to the Navy-Marine Corps team.
Northrop Grummanâ€™s successes in managing the development of complex air systems are unequaledâ€”from fully autonomous strategic unmanned systems like the Fire Scout, to the E-2D Hawkeye, the B-2 bomber and the E-8 Joint Stars. Couple that with the continuous investment in rotorcraft technology development AgustaWestland has made to field the worldâ€™s most advanced, rugged and reliable helicopters, and both the Air Force and the Navy will receive and field the best possible affordable systems.
Northrop Grumman and AgustaWestland are partnering to offer total solutions without compromise: proven, advanced rotorcraft, built in the United States, and fully integrated with the most advanced mission suites, integrated onboard sensors and communications systems available in the world today â€“ systems that will meet the future needs of both programs.Â The AW101 system is a mature, reliable, highly capable and combat-proven multi-mission aircraft that affordably meets the needs of the nationâ€™s combat search and rescue (CSAR) forces and will serve the Nationsâ€™ Presidents far into the future.
â€œThis is a strong partnership between two companies that combines each companyâ€™s strengths,â€ said Paul Meyer, vice president and general manager of Advanced Programs and Technology at Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector. â€œWhile Northrop Grumman has broad expertise in systems integration of large aircraft programs, AgustaWestland has world-leading expertise in global rotorcraft and vertical-lift. We believe that this industry partnership will bring together the best experience, expertise and resources, ensuring that the customer receives the best solution.â€
â€œWe are delighted to have Northrop Grumman as a partner, with their impressive history of supporting the U.S. Department of Defense,” said Bruno Spagnolini, CEO of AgustaWestland. “We strongly believe that the AW101 is the right aircraft for both missions and that this team can succeed.”
AgustaWestland is a global aerospace leader in military and commercial vertical-lift. With more than 100 years of experience in the aerospace industry, AgustaWestland provides and services over 4700 aircraft in over 90 countries around the world and services for every military, government and commercial application. Please visit www.agustawestland.com for more information.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems, and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information.
- 06-Nov-19 MM81487 Leonardo AW101 Tyrrhenian Sea, Italy
- 380 mln EUR contract for maritime multirole helicopters with the Polish Ministry of National Defense
- Polish Ministry of National Defence signs Agreement for AW101
- Kongsberg opens new transmission MRO facility for AW101 and NH90
- Leonardo wins Canadian SAR AW101 upgrade contract
- First Leonardo AW101 Commando Merlin delivered to the Commando
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT to 35 days
- RoadRunner EFI on display at HAI Heli-Expo
- Leonardo delivers first Norwegian SAR AW101
- Thailand signs AW101 MoU with Leonardo
- AW101 is focus for Leonardo at MSPO 2017 in Poland
- First Royal Navy AW101 Merlin Mk.4 flies
- Norway opens AW101 Training Centre
- Leonardo joins IMP again for Canadian AW101 upgrade program
- Team Cormorant re-established for Canadian AW101 Mid-Life Upgrade
- 21-May-17 Leonardo AW101 Hamr el Ain, Algeria (3F)
- Canadian Defence Minister wants B412 and AW101 upgrades
- Onboard Systems contracted for AW169 and AW101 HEC Secondary Hook Kits
- Indonesian AW101 Investigation
- Indonesian Air Force Looks into AW-101 Helicopter Purchase