Turbomeca (Safran group) has renewed the â€œMCOâ€ (Global Support Package) contract, entitled MCO 2*, with the French Government. Turbomeca undertakes, under the terms of this contract, to ensure availability of the 1,408 turbo-shaft engines equipping French Government helicopters for a 10-year period. These helicopters are used for military and paragovernmental missions of the French Air Force (ArmÃ©e de lâ€™Air), Army (ArmÃ©e de Terre), Navy (Marine Nationale), Police (Gendarmerie), Civil Security (SÃ©curitÃ© Civile) and DGA (French Defense Procurement Agency) – Flight testing.
The main services included in MCO 2 are as follows:
- overhaul and repair of engines and accessories
- on-site technical support
- supply of spares
- implementation of a stock of fungible parts and accessories
- user training in equipment maintenance
- supply of maintenance documentation
Olivier AndriÃ¨s, Turbomeca Chairman & CEO was delighted: “The MCO 1 contract was exemplary with maximized availability for our engines. We are proud of the renewed confidence of the French Government in our capability to support the fleets of the French Army and French Government services.”
*The first contract, MCO 1, was signed in 2001 with the DGA.
TurbomecaÂ (Safran group) is the leading helicopter engine manufacturer, and has produced over 69 000 turbines based on its own designs since the company was founded. Offering the widest range of engines in the world and dedicated to 2,450 customers in 155 countries, Turbomeca provides a proximity service thanks to its 17 sites, 18 Maintenance Centers, 18 Repair & Overhaul Centers, 24 Service Cetners and 90 Field representatives and Field technicians. Microturbo, the subsidiary of Turbomeca, is the European leader in turbojet engines for missiles, drones and auxiliary power units. For more information:www.turbomeca.comÂ andÂ www.safran-group.com.
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee