Aviation Specialties Unlimited, (ASU) announced in conjunction with Eurocopter Southern Africa Ltd., (ESAL) that they have completed three AS350 B3s for the Botswana Police Service, in Johannesburg South Africa. In addition to the installation, ASU also provided ESAL technicians training for support of the installation.
Johannesburg is the largest city in South Africa with a population of nearly four million people. It is one of the 50 largest cities in the world. The region surrounding Johannesburg has approximately 10 million people.
â€œASU is committed to helping operators around the world complete their missions successfully with the use of Night Vision Systems,â€ said Quality Assurance Manager Kip McDermott. â€œWe not only focus our efforts on helping operators launch Night Vision programs, but train their staff on support to keep their equipment and aircraft operating at peak efficiency after we complete the initial installation. For years companies around the world have relied on ASU to provide equipment, training and modification of aircraft. The new AS350 B3s will greatly aid the Botswana Police Department and their abilities to protect and serve the citizens of Johannesburg.â€
The AS350 B3e is designed to carry out the most demanding missions in the most extreme weather and geographical conditions. The popularity of Eurocopterâ€™s AS350 in a law enforcement role can be attributed to its ability to meet all of a police flying unit forcesâ€™ main requirements. The AS350 B3e is a member of Eurocopter’s Ecureuil family. Some 5,000 Ecureuil have been delivered in 98 countries for some 1,600 operators. These aircraft have cumulated more than 21 million hours.
About Eurocopter Southern Africa
Established in 1994, the 100 percent owned subsidiary employs 80 people to generate an annual turnover of more than 300 mZAR through the sale of the complete range of Eurocopter products and services in Southern Africa. The continuous endeavor to better service its customers, led Eurocopter Southern Africa to move in 2011 to bigger and better premises in Grand Central Airport, ideally positioned midway between Johannesburg and Pretoria in the heart of the economical capital of South Africa.
Eurocopter Southern Africa supports key regional customers such as the South African Air Force, the South African Police Services and of course the Kenyan Police but also a large amount of smaller customers spread in more than 20 countries in Africa and Indian Ocean. The motto â€œwe support you where you operateâ€ fully applies to the subsidiary who organizes approximately 100 technical support missions per year in the most remote places to maintain and support a total fleet of approximately 250 helicopters. Able to provide technical as well as pilot training, Eurocopter Southern Africa is currently deploying a full flight Super Puma simulator in Johannesburg to offer basic and advanced simulator training to its African customers base.
Since 1995, ASUâ€™s goal has been to implement night vision in the civil aviation market to increase operational safety and improve mission capabilities. Our focus is on providing a turnkey solution to our customers so that with one call they can obtain:
- Night vision goggles and replacement parts
- Service/inspection for goggles
- NVG cockpit lighting solutions, installed by our FAA-approved 145 repair station technicians at our facility in Boise, Idaho, or at the customerâ€™s facility
- Cockpit replacement parts provided by our FAA-approved PMA
- Initial and recurrent training for flight crews on the use of night vision via an FAA-approved 141 Training Program and/or 135 Air Operator Certificate
- Assistance in establishing Night Vision Programs.
To date, ASU has conducted training for over 1,400 pilots, 2,900 crewmembers and sold over 4500 aviator systems worldwide.
- GPMS wins STC for Foresight Predictive HUMS on AS350
- 06-Sep-20 N354PA Airbus AS350B2 Fort Greely, US-Alaska
- 01-Sep-20 N139HN Airbus EC130 Winchester, US-Kentucky
- 25-Aug-20 N160SH Airbus AS350B2 Tuxedni Bay, US-Alaska
- GPMS launches subscription-model HUMS
- Saudi operator orders ten Airbus H125s
- 17-Aug-20 C-FAHC Airbus AS350 Stewart, Canada (1F)
- 12-Aug-20 C-GNZF Airbus AS350B2 Sacré-Coeur, Canada
- 31-Jul-20 CC-DAM Airbus AS350B3 Santiago, Chile
- 26-Jul-20 F-GNLM Airbus AS350 Clermont-Ferrand, France
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Four new Airbus H125s for Norwegian operators in one week
- 12-Apr-20 N160CC Airbus H125 Tampa, US-Florida
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Airbus adds more power and enhanced aerial work capabilities for the H125
- Air Zermatt picks VR technology H125 training solution
- StandardAero and Robertson Announce First Canadian Customer for AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Ukraine Border Guards receive first two Airbus H125s
- 26-Dec-19 N985SA Airbus AS350B2 Kauai, US-Hawaii (7F)
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot