Bristow Group Inc. (NYSE: BRS), the leading provider of helicopter services to the worldwide offshore energy industry, and Cougar Helicopters Inc., the largest offshore energy and search and rescue (SAR) helicopter service provider in Canada (“Cougar”), jointly announced today the closing of Bristow’s previously announced minority interest investment by Bristow in Cougar and the purchase by Bristow from Cougar’s parent VIH Aviation Group Ltd. (“VIHAG”) and various VIHAG affiliates of certain aircraft and other assets used by Cougar in its operations.
The transaction was approved by the Canadian Transportation Agency on September 13, 2012. Bristow funded the asset purchase and minority interest investment in Cougar from cash on hand and the proceeds of a new interim $225 million, 364-day term loan facility, which was completed on October 1, 2012. Bristow expects to repay this term loan from a combination of cash on hand, proceeds from future financings and cash flow from operations.
ABOUT BRISTOW GROUP INC.
Bristow Group Inc. is the leading provider of helicopter services to the worldwide offshore energy industry based on the number of aircraft operated. Through its subsidiaries, affiliates and joint ventures, Bristow has major transportation operations in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico and the North Sea, and in most of the other major offshore oil and gas producing regions of the world, including Alaska, Australia, Brazil, Nigeria, Russia and Trinidad. For more information, visit Bristow’s website at www.bristowgroup.com.
ABOUT VIH AVIATION GROUP LTD.
VIH Aviation Group Ltd. is the parent company of a privately held group of aviation businesses providing general aviation services in Canada since 1955 and internationally since 1986. For more information, visit VIHAG’s website at www.vih.com and Cougar’s website at www.cougar.ca.
FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENT
Statements contained in this news release that state Bristow’s or management’s intentions, expectations or predictions of the future are forward-looking statements. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in such forward-looking statements. Additional information concerning factors that could cause actual results to differ materially is contained from time to time in Bristow’s SEC filings, including but not limited to Bristow’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012 and Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2012. Bristow Group Inc. disclaims any intention or obligation to revise any forward-looking statements, including financial estimates, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- Babcock wins major new North Sea helicopter contract from Bristow
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Bristow Announces Contract Extensions with ConocoPhillips
- Sikorsky Honours S92 Operators
- Sikorsky introduces S-92A+ and S-92B upgrades
- First Sikorsky S92 retired from active service
- 13-Dec-19 G-WNSV Sikorsky S92 Sumburgh, UK
- 25-Oct-19 5N-BOA Sikorsky S92 Port Hardcourt, Nigeria
- Babcock swaps aircraft between UK and Australia
- 18-Feb-10 Sikorsky H-92 Kauai, US-Hawaii
- HeliTSA starts S92 maintenance training in Australia, secures own Part 147 approval
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Sikorsky relocates and expands parts stock in Brazil
- Milestone grows S92 fleet to 95 Helicopters
- Canada Certifies Increased Gross Weight for S-92
- Thai Aviation Services begins S-92 helicopter training
- Bristow UK Secures Contract to Support TAQA’s UK Operations
- Sikorsky Advances iFly Sikorsky™
- Sikorsky delivers 300th S92