The Barnstaple office of Morgan Sindall has secured a £1.5 million contract to deliver new offices, welfare facilities and an aircraft hangar at Exeter Airport for Devon and Cornwall Police.
The new two-storey office building will house the Air Operations Unit for Devon and Cornwall Police and Devon Air Ambulance Trust, both of which currently operate from Police Headquarters at Middlemoor. This move will continue the successful partnership and joint operation between the two organisations.
Morgan Sindall won the contract under Construction Framework South West, a £500 million, four-year public sector framework, to which it was appointed in 2009. The air support unit office and hangar is the seventh project to have been won by the company under the framework.
The company also recently completed the £1.2 million headquarters for Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust at Trevithick Downs near Newquay Cornwall Airport.
Chris Spear, area director for Morgan Sindall in the South West, said: “The police helicopter performs a vital role in the fight against crime, aiding officers to track criminals, monitor situations and search for missing people. Together with the Air Ambulance, it will continue to make a positive difference in a life-or-death situation. The new Air Operations Unit is part of the continuing rationalisation of the Devon and Cornwall Police estate and Morgan Sindall is pleased to be involved.”
The offices and hangar are due for completion in spring 2013 and will be built to a BREEAM rating of Very Good.
HeliHub.com editor note – the above press release was issued approx four weeks ago and we have only just become aware of it. Construction work has now begun
- Airbus and DCA pick Thales new FlytX avionics for helicopter programs
- Safran to continue supporting UK MOD
- SPECTO Aerospace appointed helicopter Blade Repair Centre
- Hamilton Sundstrand Awarded $17M Contract for Helicopter Flight Control Computers
- Helijet Announces Results of the Special Meeting
- Bristow Provides Update on Status of SEC Filings
- Terma Aircraft Survivability Equipment on RNLAF NH90 Ready for Operational Use
- Leonardo and PWNE add AW189 simulator to Service Agreement in Malaysia
- Alpha Aviation Purchases Anchorage Helicopter Tours
- HeliOffshore Helideck Work Group Reports on Top Five Safety Events
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $7M Contract for V-22 Modification
- Raytheon testing AI to improve CV-22 maintenance planning
- FleckDecks Awarded $17M Contract for V-22 and MV-22 Procurement
- CPI Aero Secures Additional Orders From Sikorsky
- Recognize The Best of Vertical Aviation
- Akagera Aviation celebrates a decade of successful operations in Rwanda
- Airbus and Safran team-up for greener vertical flight
- Wiking signs for two AW139s
- Sikorsky Awarded $15M Contract for UH-60M Maintenance
- Japan National Police places order with Bell