The Barnstaple office of Morgan Sindall has secured a £1.5 million contract to deliver new offices, welfare facilities and an aircraft hangar at Exeter Airport for Devon and Cornwall Police.
The new two-storey office building will house the Air Operations Unit for Devon and Cornwall Police and Devon Air Ambulance Trust, both of which currently operate from Police Headquarters at Middlemoor. This move will continue the successful partnership and joint operation between the two organisations.
Morgan Sindall won the contract under Construction Framework South West, a £500 million, four-year public sector framework, to which it was appointed in 2009. The air support unit office and hangar is the seventh project to have been won by the company under the framework.
The company also recently completed the £1.2 million headquarters for Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust at Trevithick Downs near Newquay Cornwall Airport.
Chris Spear, area director for Morgan Sindall in the South West, said: “The police helicopter performs a vital role in the fight against crime, aiding officers to track criminals, monitor situations and search for missing people. Together with the Air Ambulance, it will continue to make a positive difference in a life-or-death situation. The new Air Operations Unit is part of the continuing rationalisation of the Devon and Cornwall Police estate and Morgan Sindall is pleased to be involved.”
The offices and hangar are due for completion in spring 2013 and will be built to a BREEAM rating of Very Good.
HeliHub.com editor note – the above press release was issued approx four weeks ago and we have only just become aware of it. Construction work has now begun
- MRO Insider Unveils AOG Mobile Application Preview for NBAA-BACE
- Leonardo delivers its 1,000th AW139 helicopter
- JETNET Launching JETNET for Salesforce product at NBAA-BACE
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- EHang Achieves World’s First Certificate of Unmanned Aircraft System Safety for AAVs
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent