Rolls-Royce Corporation & Scott’s – Bell 47 Inc. (SB47) announced today that they have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to explore the application of its RR300 engine to the Model 47 multipurpose light helicopter.
The RR300 engine embodies new technology and advanced design methodology. The engine draws on the proven record of other Rolls-Royce turbine engines to deliver a powerful and dependable engine at a competitive price. The RR300 was FAA type certified in 2007 and since that time over 500 engines have been delivered and it has accumulated over 12,000 operational hours.
Fred Dickens, Rolls-Royce Vice President, Customer Business – Defense, said: “We are delighted to have signed this agreement with Scott’s – Bell 47 on the RR300. The Model 47 helicopter is world-renowned, with over 1,000 in operation, and we look forward to exploring future civil-certified additions to the Model 47 product range powered by the RR300.”
Key attributes of the RR300 include: lower acquisition and operating costs; low-weight, compact design; improved specific fuel consumption; an embedded engine monitoring system; and the ability to burn a variety of commonly available jet fuels.
Scott Churchill, President & Owner of SB47 said “We are very pleased to be working with Rolls-Royce on the RR300 engine. The capability of the current Bell 47 M250 powered STC helicopter speaks for itself and the potential for a factory built RR300 powered Model 47 is very exciting for both us and our customers.”
About Rolls Royce Corp.
Rolls-Royce is the world-leading producer of light turbine engines in the helicopter market. The M250 line has produced over 30,000 engines, with approximately 16,000 currently in service worldwide in a number of aircraft models. Rolls-Royce delivers more than 300 M250 engines annually and is now producing over 100 RR 300 engines each year.
About Scott’s – Bell 47, Inc.
Scott’s – Bell 47, Inc., under the private ownership of Scott Churchill, is a sister company to Scott’s Helicopter Services Inc., one of the largest fleet operators of Bell 47 helicopters in the world, and Texas Helicopter Co., Inc., manufacturer of the WASP helicopter and a FAA PMA parts supplier & STC holder for the Model 47. SB47 is the Type Certificate holder for all FAA type certificated Model 47 helicopters and provides OEM level customer support & services to the fielded fleet.
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform