Rolls-Royce Corporation & Scott’s – Bell 47 Inc. (SB47) announced today that they have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to explore the application of its RR300 engine to the Model 47 multipurpose light helicopter.
The RR300 engine embodies new technology and advanced design methodology. The engine draws on the proven record of other Rolls-Royce turbine engines to deliver a powerful and dependable engine at a competitive price. The RR300 was FAA type certified in 2007 and since that time over 500 engines have been delivered and it has accumulated over 12,000 operational hours.
Fred Dickens, Rolls-Royce Vice President, Customer Business – Defense, said: “We are delighted to have signed this agreement with Scott’s – Bell 47 on the RR300. The Model 47 helicopter is world-renowned, with over 1,000 in operation, and we look forward to exploring future civil-certified additions to the Model 47 product range powered by the RR300.”
Key attributes of the RR300 include: lower acquisition and operating costs; low-weight, compact design; improved specific fuel consumption; an embedded engine monitoring system; and the ability to burn a variety of commonly available jet fuels.
Scott Churchill, President & Owner of SB47 said “We are very pleased to be working with Rolls-Royce on the RR300 engine. The capability of the current Bell 47 M250 powered STC helicopter speaks for itself and the potential for a factory built RR300 powered Model 47 is very exciting for both us and our customers.”
About Rolls Royce Corp.
Rolls-Royce is the world-leading producer of light turbine engines in the helicopter market. The M250 line has produced over 30,000 engines, with approximately 16,000 currently in service worldwide in a number of aircraft models. Rolls-Royce delivers more than 300 M250 engines annually and is now producing over 100 RR 300 engines each year.
About Scott’s – Bell 47, Inc.
Scott’s – Bell 47, Inc., under the private ownership of Scott Churchill, is a sister company to Scott’s Helicopter Services Inc., one of the largest fleet operators of Bell 47 helicopters in the world, and Texas Helicopter Co., Inc., manufacturer of the WASP helicopter and a FAA PMA parts supplier & STC holder for the Model 47. SB47 is the Type Certificate holder for all FAA type certificated Model 47 helicopters and provides OEM level customer support & services to the fielded fleet.
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe
- Rheinland Air Service Appointed as the First German Dealer for the Bell 505
- CAE to acquire TRU Simulation + Training Canada Inc
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week
- Air Methods appoints SVP of Clinical Services
- Brazil approves Van Horn Bell 206 v2 composite blades
- Wolfson Childrens Hospital adds helicopter