SELEX Galileo, a Finmeccanica company, has been awarded new contracts totalling around 20 million Euros to provide support and service solutions. The contracts relate mainly to the company’s Grifo radar and the Falco Unmanned Aerial System (UAS). The Grifo is one of SELEX Galileo’s most successful products and has sold more than 450 units worldwide while the Falco is the only UAS entirely developed, equipped and manufactured in Europe and is now in service with four international customers. Other contracts cover the logistical support of sensors and avionic components for fixed and rotary-wing aircraft.
SELEX Galileo supports key technologies on major international programmes including the Eurofighter Typhoon, Gripen NG, F35, M346 and helicopters including the AW101 and NH90. The company has built its support and service business by developing and transferring new technology and operational solutions to its customers. This helps customers maximise their asset’s availability and performance and contributes to the success of their missions.
“Over the last three years, the combination of increasingly complex and upgradeable products with the lack of funds available internationally for new acquisitions has caused a significant growth in the market for support services and training.” said SELEX Galileo CEO Fabrizio Giulianini, adding “We’ve been able to position ourselves to serve this expanding market by offering increasingly flexible and innovative support arrangements, including new forms of contracting. By combining our technology base and deep product knowledge with flexibility and timeliness, we’re able to meet the new needs of customers”.
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset
- COVID-19 – Airbus provides range of support help for customers
- AAMS Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- ICRR funding boost sees AW109 return to 7 day working from June
- EBAA supports calls for cooperation on safe integration of drones
- ARGUS International & AirNav Systems Strategic Partnership
- DTN AviationSentry for Helicopters Launches in Europe
- Precision Support Services hires new General Manager
- Babcock MCS Italia loses first appeal over €51 Million fine
- Philippine attack helicopter purchase descends into deadlock