Associated Aircraft Group (AAG®), the East Coast’s largest executive Sikorsky S-76®helicopter services provider, has been granted access into Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) by the Transportation Security Administration under the DCA Access Security Program (DASSP). Located just three miles from downtown Washington, D.C., Reagan National Airport offers unparalleled convenience for travelers flying to and from the nation’s capital. With the access into DCA, AAG customers now will be allowed to travel from anywhere along the East Coast directly to the nation’s capital. AAG is a subsidiary of Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
To receive DCA Access authorization, FBO facilities and air charter operators must meet strict security requirements and procedures outlined by the TSA. As a DASSP-approved operator, AAG is required to submit to advanced security procedures and background checks for all crewmembers. Passengers and baggage undergo TSA security screening at any Gateway airport. An approved law enforcement officer is required to be on board during flights into and out of DCA.
“Having access into Reagan Washington National Airport will allow our customers to fly conveniently to the nation’s capital from a Gateway location” said AAG President Scott Ashton. “With the upcoming national elections, this will become an important benefit for our clients. By utilizing a helicopter, clients can be picked up at a convenient helipad, stop at a gateway for screening, and continue on directly to DCA without making the drive from outlying airports. More importantly, departing DCA allows clients to conveniently travel directly back to their home heliport.”
AAG has more than 20 years experience providing helicopter and fixed wing charter flights, fractional ownership programs, and helicopter maintenance services from its Teterboro, New York, and Philadelphia locations. With the Northeast’s largest fleet of S-76C aircraft, AAG is the only exclusive VIP helicopter company to own and operate its own FAA Part 145 maintenance facility and is a Sikorsky Certified Repair Center. The company’s principal flight operations and repair services are housed in two hangars at the Dutchess County Airport, a short flight from its Manhattan heliports.
AAG is well recognized for its long history of owning and operating S-76C helicopters in the Northeast. AAG is “Platinum” rated by ARG/US International, is Wyvern Recommended and IS-BAO Stage I certified, and has recently achieved 40,000 safe flying hours in the S-76C helicopter. AAG provides VIP helicopter transportation in the Washington D.C., Philadelphia, New York City, Hartford, and Boston markets.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
S-76® is a registered trademark of Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation.
- Specialized Navy Sailors Deployed with Marine Squadron ahead of V-22 Transition
- Thales H160 Level D sim approved
- Boeing, Honeywell and Rolls-partner on German CH-47 bid
- Wyoming Army National Guard activated to assist with California wildfires
- Bristow names new CFO
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance receives COVID19 cash from Government
- Christoph 43 completes 570 missions in first half of 2020
- New head of police air unit for Brazilian state of Ceara
- ARNG Helicopter modernization project
- Whirly-Girls Announce New Instrument Rating Scholarship for Female Aviators for 2021
- SAFE awarded USAF contract for CH-53 maintenance platforms
- Austria orders the AW169M
- HSC-22 Receives First MQ-8C Firescout
- Neptune Energy extends contract with CHC Helicopters
- Baden-Württemberg police take on new fire-fighting role
- Bell Presents the Turkish Director General of Forestry with the Outstanding Operational Readiness Award
- Bell Presents the Turkish National Police with the Outstanding Operational Readiness Award
- Cornwall Air Ambulance to feature in new TV series
- STARS to take over Lifeflight in Manitoba
- Volocopter offers reservations for commercial flights