SkyTrac Systems’ hardware and software are used extensively by Air Evac Lifeteam (AEL), but when special circumstances arise such as the onset of Hurricane Isaac in the Gulf of Mexico along with the Republican Conference in Tampa Bay, the value of the software reporting features becomes clear. The use of some of the additional features offered by SkyWeb helped to alleviate/assist in the problems these could have caused. Below is a live screenshot taken on August 30th, 2012 that highlights some of the key SkyWeb features in use by AEL’s very busy dispatch center:
Due to the Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFR) that were in effect in the area, geofences (the three outlined yellow areas) were set-up in SkyWeb to warn dispatchers if any aircraft flew into the restricted areas. Any violations would have caused an audible and visual alarm to go off and the relevant personnel to be emailed. Post reporting in SkyWeb also allows for a full review of any violations.
Additionally, the dispatch operators selected to display the current weather patterns. These weather overlays constantly update to warn of the deteriorating weather conditions as the risks from the possible hurricane increased. They also opted to display the current status for all of the aircraft in their fleet at the top-right corner.
Kathleen Wallace, President and CEO of SkyTrac Systems, commented, “We are very pleased that our Flight Following and SatCom solution is used to such an extent by AEL who have been a long established partner and friend to SkyTrac. The flight following and asset management solution provided by SkyTrac Systems’ SkyWeb is fully designed and implemented in-house and provides a complete set of features for assisting even the busiest dispatch center to monitor all of their aircraft.”
SkyTrac will be on hand to demonstrate its hardware and software capabilities at the AMTC conference in Seattle, Washington at Booth #1722.
About Air Evac Lifeteam
Air Evac Lifeteam (AEL) is the largest independently owned and operated membership-supported air ambulance company in the U.S. The company has established itself as the preeminent provider of air ambulance services to rural markets, serving over 1,700 diverse referral sources, including over 1,000 hospitals and 700 EMS agencies, and attracting more than 1 million members in support of its presence in their local communities.
The Company operates the world’s largest fleet of more than 110 medically-equipped Bell 206 Long Ranger helicopters, along with Bell 407 helicopters. Air Evac Lifeteam also offers fixed-wing air medical services from two bases in Missouri and Kentucky. The current service area includes operations in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas and West Virginia, with the company being the largest air ambulance provider in 8 of its 15 states.
SkyTrac is the world’s trusted supplier of SatCom solutions for data, text and voice communications. With customers on every continent and from all areas of operation, from Oil & Gas to Air Medical to Law Enforcement to Search & Rescue, SkyTrac provides market leading solutions to market leading companies. SkyTrac has acquired a long list of Supplemental Type Certificates (STCs) and the company’s hardware has been installed on a large number of rotary- and fixed-wing aircraft types from AgustaWestland, Eurocopter, Cessna, Bell, Sikorsky, MBB, Beechcraft, de Havilland, LearJet and Raytheon.
- Bell Boeing awarded $12M contract to modify the V-22 of Japan
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance buy new helmets
- Bell Boeing awarded $188M contract for logistics and engineering support for the V-22 platform
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe
- Rheinland Air Service Appointed as the First German Dealer for the Bell 505
- CAE to acquire TRU Simulation + Training Canada Inc
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week