AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce the launch of the AW119Kx, the latest evolution of the proven and successful AW119 single engine helicopter, which features the Garmin G1000H glass integrated flight deck system and the very latest avionics, including synthetic vision, moving map, highway in the sky and obstacle/terrain avoidance systems, to improve situational awareness and increase safety. Certification of the AW119Kx is scheduled in the first quarter of 2013.
The new aircraft was officially unveiled today at the Air Medical Transport Conference in Seattle, USA, which is being held from 22nd to 24th October.
The AW119Kx is provided with state-of-the-art integrated avionics bringing this model to a new digital era while keeping the outstanding performance, cabin space and payload characteristics of the rugged AW119Ke. The first customer for the AW119Kx is Life Flight Network, which is set to receive all of the 15 units ordered for its air medical helicopter transportation requirement during 2013. These helicopters, provided with an customised EMS interior with two stretchers, will be based in the states of Oregon, Washington and Idaho.
Bruno Spagnolini, CEO, AgustaWestland said “The launch of the new AW119Kx highlights AgustaWestland’s commitment to the continued enhancement of its product range, both through the development of brand new models and installing the very latest technology into its existing products.
He added “With the AW119Kx we are introducing greater capability into the single-engine market, thanks to an unequalled combination of advanced avionics and best-in-class performance and capacity. We are delighted that Life Flight Network, one of the world’s leading air medical transport providers, will be using the AW119Kx’s unique capabilities to help it save lives every day.”
Michael Griffiths, Life Flight Network’s CEO adds, “Life Flight Network has become the largest not-for-profit air medical transport service in the Western United States. We were looking for a helicopter designed to provide exceptional speed and performance, proven safety, and a fully-equipped medical cabin supporting up to two patients. Our new AW119Kx helicopters, with the Garmin G1000H avionics package, including synthetic vision, met our high standards and will greatly support Life Flight Network’s lifesaving mission with the most modern, well-equipped fleet in the nation.”
The AW119Kx’s new avionics features the Garmin G1000H glass integrated flight deck system with two large 10.4’’ LCD units to provide both primary flight display and multi function display information. With synthetic vision, moving map, highway in the sky and obstacle/terrain avoidance system technology embedded, the pilot is provided with new levels of situational awareness and flight information, thereby reducing workload and increasing safety. The new avionics are also optimized for diagnostics and data analysis for maintenance purposes. The AW119Kx EMS helicopter configuration will include Night Vision Imaging System (NVIS) lighting and operation of Night Vision Goggles (NVGs).
- Brazil approves Astronautics EFI on AW109 and AW119
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- Israel orders seven Leonardo AW119Kx trainers to replace Bell 206s
- Nepalese Army Agusta AW139 makes maiden flight form Kathmandu
- Nepalese Army takes delivery of AW139
- Leonardo performs TH-119 avionics power
- Leonardo adds Authorised Service Centre in Chile
- FAA approves AMS lightweight medical interior for AW109 and AW119
- FAA approves AMS ambulance interior for AW119 and AW109
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- 09-Jun-17 VT-NRK AgustaWestland AW119 Badrinath, India (1F)
- Israel and Italy Discuss Training Helicopter Contract
- Leonardo strengthens strategic partnership with Shanghai Zenisun
- FAA approves Sky Connect Tracker III on AW109 and AW119
- Able Aerospace Services joins Leonardo Helicopters service network
- Leonardo adds AW169 and AW189 to Kaan Air distributor agreement in Turkey
- AgustaWestland sold $1.3 Billion worth of helicopters to Algeria
- New Mexico – Lifeguard Air Emergency Services to launch AW119Kx operations
- Finmeccanica picks FreeFlight RA4500 radalt as AW119 standard
- Life Link III awarded re-accreditation by CAMTS