Sikorsky Aerospace Services (SAS) today announced an exclusive international sales and distribution agreement with Aero Dynamix, Inc. (ADI) of Euless, Texas, to equip Sikorsky S-76® helicopters with ADI’s Night Vision Imaging System (NVIS) lighting solutions. Aero Dynamix will manufacture and service the NVIS and components, and SAS will distribute the product and related services. Sikorsky Aerospace Services is the worldwide aftermarket business of Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
“SAS is continually augmenting its upgrade program, and we are excited about the opportunity to work with ADI to provide high caliber cockpit lighting solutions to our S-76 operators worldwide,” said Steve Bohlman, SAS Director, Commercial and International Military Customer Support. “Search and rescue and emergency medical transport operations are critical, round-the-clock missions. Our partnership with ADI provides NVIS solutions that will enhance the aircraft’s safety and mission capabilities.”
ADI produces Edge Lit Panels (ELP) that emit uniform back lighting for radios, switch panels, circuit breaker, and control panels – allowing pilots a clear and accurate vision of the aircraft’s cockpit at night. ADI’s manufacturing capabilities ensure back lighting that is evenly dispersed throughout each panel. Moreover, ADI is the only NVIS provider that offers instrument overlays fully compatible with Night Vision Goggles (NVG). This distribution agreement enables SAS to upgrade night vision avionics supplied by major manufacturers such as Honeywell, Garmin and Rockwell Collins while ensuring the integrity of their OEM warranties. As an FAA Certified Repair Station, ADI will provide full instrument modifications to SAS.
“Aero Dynamix is proud to be the exclusive provider of NVIS lighting solutions for the S-76 platform. With our NVIS products covered under the Sikorsky service and support programs, customers will benefit from the convenience of a one-stop MRO support,” says Dennis Trout, ADI General Manager.
Aero Dynamix is the industry leader and principle innovator of integrated NVIS solutions for commercial and military aircraft. The company specializes in complete and fully integrated cockpit modifications for night vision applications. ADI is a certified FAA/EASA Part 145 Repair Station (C73R723N, EASA.145.6260) and has FAA Part 21 Manufacturing Authority with in-house capability to manufacture a full range of ELPs and overlays. ADI headquarters and manufacturing facilities are located in Euless, Texas.
Sikorsky Aerospace Services provides comprehensive support to rotary and fixed wing aircraft throughout the world. It offers its military and commercial operators a full portfolio of support services, including material distribution, maintenance, overhaul & repair, aircraft modifications and life-cycle support. Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- DAC International launch ADS-B Out solution for Sikorsky S76
- Wheels Up partners with HeliFlite
- 18-Mar-19 C9-HEI Sikorsky S76A Beira, Mozambique
- Heli-One Completes Universal Avionics Flight Deck Upgrade For S-76
- Costa do Sol Taxi Aero selects SKYTRAC Real-Time Flight Data Monitoring
- Universal Avionics ground testing completed on Heli-One S76B
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- UK Aviation Services becomes a Sikorsky S76 Customer Support Center
- JSSI expands S76 coverage
- Crestwood selected as Sikorsky Supplier of the Year
- Canada certifies DAC for Esterline CMA-6800 Display in S76
- 25-May-17 VT-CMM Sikorsky S76C++ Nilanga, India
- CHC Brazil Opens New Hangar in Macaé
- Sikorsky plans Customer Support Centre in Thailand
- Sikorsky Recognizes Helijet for 30 Years of Safe S-76 Flight Operations
- Possible Stabilization for Oil and Gas Sector
- Canadian Helicopters renews Nova Scotia EMS contract
- Governor Cuomo Helicopter Request Denied
- Helijet extends flights between Nanaimo and Vancouver
- Sikorsky Helicopter Maintenance Trainer Advances Engineering Program