The first of two new American Eurocopter EC145s are now in service for Air Care & Mobile Care, which serves Cincinnati’s University Hospital, West Chester Hospital in Butler County and the Greater Cincinnati region.
Air Care purchased the new aircraft at Heli-Expo 2012 to upgrade its fleet of BK117 helicopters, which it had flown for 25 years. The second EC145 is slated for delivery later this year.
Since its inception in 1984, the Air Care flight team has completed nearly 35,000 accident-free patient care flight missions. As a part of the continuum of care offered by the larger organization, Air Care & Mobile Care of UC Health – University Hospital, Air Care is the only program in the region to carry an emergency physician on every flight.
“UC Health University Hospital’s Air Care & Mobile Care Team is excited to continue our nearly 28 year relationship with American Eurocopter,” said Air Care & Mobile Care Clinical Director Teri Grau. “Evolving from the BO105, to the BK117’s and now the new EC145 airframes allows us to continue to operate in the latest state-of-the-art aircraft. With the enhanced safety and medical technology, the EC145 will provide Air Care the ability to provide an optimal level of excellence in the Advanced Transport Medicine environment.”
With a proven record of reliability and manufacturer support, the EC145 provides operators with multi-mission capability in a medium-class, twin-engine helicopter. Air Care selected the EC145 based on payload, range, SPIFR, WAAS and NVG capability. Powered by two Turbomeca ARRIEL engines, the EC145 offers a combination of speed and performance that, along with its high-set main and tail rotors, large cabin and rear-loading clamshell doors, has made it the helicopter of choice for a large number of EMS programs in the United States and worldwide.
“American Eurocopter is honored to have partnered with Air Care & Mobile Care for over 25 years,” said American Eurocopter Vice President of Commercial Sales and Marketing, Treg Manning. “The selection of two new EC145s is especially gratifying to us since it demonstrates confidence in our ability to support them for the next 25 years. We are very grateful and thank Air Care & Mobile Care for their confidence.”
The new EC145s are customized and operated by Metro Aviation of Shreveport, Louisiana.
- DRF Christoph Weser to upgrade Bremen air ambulance to EC145
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Air Methods chooses Airbus HCare to support its fleet of 31 EC145 helicopters
- 06-Aug-20 PK-JBX Airbus H145 Batulicin, Indonesia
- DRF “Christoph 42” in Schleswig-Holstein upgrades from EC145 to H145
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Gama Aviation starts Scottish EMS operations after taking contract back from Babcock
- 01-Jun-20 LN-OOU Airbus H145 Skibotn, Norway
- Airbus will only sell you a five-blade H145 now
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- County of Grande Prairie commits to help renew STARS helicopter fleet
- DRF Luftrettung expands its H145 and H135 fleet
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Air Methods to supply two EC145s to Houston Healthcare
- UK Military Flying Training System to add four Airbus H145s
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- Christoph 51 has been used more than 25,000 times in 30 years
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU