American Eurocopter today announced Miami Valley Hospital of Dayton, Ohio, has purchased a new AS365 N3+ for its CareFlight program.
CareFlight Air and Mobile Services (CareFlight) has become an icon of Miami Valley Hospital (MVH). The program serves more than 150 hospitals and more than 300 community life squads, fire departments, and police departments in over 17 counties. Since its beginning in 1983, CareFlight has completed over 25,000 flights, serving a 150-mile radius including most of Ohio and parts of West Virginia, Michigan, Kentucky, and Indiana.
“Miami Valley Hospital has relied on American Eurocopter exclusively for our Air Medical Transport needs for nearly 30 years,” said Candy Skidmore, Director of Access and Transfer Care for CareFlight Air and Mobile Services. “We are very excited about adding the AS365 N3+ to our fleet of Dauphins. We currently have N3 aircraft and firmly believe the addition of 4-Axis Digital Autopilot, performance improvements, and glass cockpit will reduce pilot workload.”
CareFlight’s distinctive Dauphin helicopters are equipped as mobile ICUs with the latest in medical technology and most advanced communication equipment available. All CareFlight helicopters are maintained and operated by Air Methods Corp, and the program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS).
“CareFlight has been a staunch supporter of American Eurocopter and the Dauphin series in particular,” said American Eurocopter Vice President of Commercial Sales and Marketing, Treg Manning. “We are most proud of the fact that they did their due diligence and chose the latest generation of the 365 to advance Miami Valley Hospital’s patient delivery and care capability.”
The AS365 N3 is a member of the highly-capable Dauphin family, which has established its reputation as a fast and powerful helicopter offering operators an outstanding useful load, excellent performance and long range. The latest AS365 N3+ version features more powerful turboshaft engines and an increased gross weight, plus glass cockpit and 4-axis autopilot.
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- 09-Jun-17 902 Airbus AS565MB Varna, Bulgaria (1F)
- 30-May-17 Airbus AS365N3 Moorea, French Polynesia
- 27-May-17 VT-ENX Airbus AS365N Ahmedabad, India
- 20-May-17 6595 Airbus HH-65 Berkeley, US-California
- Babcock rotates UK Dauphin N3 fleet
- £1 Million is not enough for Great North Air Ambulance
- Heli-One contracted by UAE military for Ariel and Manila support
- S.A.F.E. Structure awarded US Coast Guard – Miami contract for MH-65 check stands
- Mahindra to make parts for Airbus AS565MBe Panther
- Pacific Crown Helicopters win new helicopter maintenance approvals
- Great North Air Ambulance to feature in second series of Air Ambulance ER
- Airbus Helicopters takes six aircraft to FIDAE
- 11-Mar-16 Eurocopter AS365N Shimen, Taiwan (2F)
- Trakka announces pending FAA and EASA STCs
- US Coast Guard clocks up 1,000,000 hours with Arriel engines
- 24-Nov-15 VT-ELJ Airbus AS365N2 Meluri, India
- Bond continues Blackpool operations on smaller fleet
- 04-Nov-15 VT-PWF Airbus AS365N3 off Mumbai, India (2F)