One of the highlight presentations of the Tangent Link POLICE AVIATION event held in the Prince Hotel & Residence in central Kuala Lumpur this week was that given by Police Senior Superintendent Joselito F Salido of the Philippine National Police [PNP].
During times when it seems few worthwhile sales opportunities are to be found in the law enforcement market the Superintendent was announcing to industry that the PNP is embarking on a re-equipment task that is already part funded by the government. He confidently predicted that the new fleet requirements would see orders placed within the current five year plan but that deliveries would of course have at least a 12 month lead time.
The PNP is seeking six twin engine light utility helicopters with a minimum of 10 seats, nine single engine 7-8 seat helicopters, a fixed wing transport type with a 40 seat capacity and flight simulators to enhance the flying skills of the pilots.
The current fleet of the PNP is two Eurocopter BO105, three Eurocopter AS350, one Robinson R44 Police, two R44 Raven, two BN-2A-21, one Cessna 421B Golden Eagle and a single Cessna 150G trainer.
In terms of equipment only the R44 Police offers the PNP a small FLIR sensor camera option and the plan is that the new fleet will be fully law enforcement role equipped from the day of delivery, taking the operation into a new sphere of activity.
As stated the first year of acquisition is funded and it is now a case of taking presentations from the manufacturers before selection of the various types. Although not indicative of the final selection it is known that the PNP has already considered the Bell 412 and Eurocopter EC145 but remains open minded on the final selection of the initial type purchase.
The POLICE AVIATION event details can still be found on the http://www.tangentlink.com/ website
Bryn Elliott – Police Aviation News
R44 photo represents one of the current fleet
- “Before your flight” example of Airbus proactive support of global safety initiatives
- US Allied Forces Kick-off EOD Exercise HYDRACRAB
- HAI Applauds Utah Rotor Pathway Program Rollout
- Russia in the lead at the 3rd stage of the Helicopter World Cup
- Airbus delivers H145 to New Zealand EMS
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Bavaria’s air rescue is considered a leader
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit