One of the highlight presentations of the Tangent Link POLICE AVIATION event held in the Prince Hotel & Residence in central Kuala Lumpur this week was that given by Police Senior Superintendent Joselito F Salido of the Philippine National Police [PNP].
During times when it seems few worthwhile sales opportunities are to be found in the law enforcement market the Superintendent was announcing to industry that the PNP is embarking on a re-equipment task that is already part funded by the government. He confidently predicted that the new fleet requirements would see orders placed within the current five year plan but that deliveries would of course have at least a 12 month lead time.
The PNP is seeking six twin engine light utility helicopters with a minimum of 10 seats, nine single engine 7-8 seat helicopters, a fixed wing transport type with a 40 seat capacity and flight simulators to enhance the flying skills of the pilots.
The current fleet of the PNP is two Eurocopter BO105, three Eurocopter AS350, one Robinson R44 Police, two R44 Raven, two BN-2A-21, one Cessna 421B Golden Eagle and a single Cessna 150G trainer.
In terms of equipment only the R44 Police offers the PNP a small FLIR sensor camera option and the plan is that the new fleet will be fully law enforcement role equipped from the day of delivery, taking the operation into a new sphere of activity.
As stated the first year of acquisition is funded and it is now a case of taking presentations from the manufacturers before selection of the various types. Although not indicative of the final selection it is known that the PNP has already considered the Bell 412 and Eurocopter EC145 but remains open minded on the final selection of the initial type purchase.
The POLICE AVIATION event details can still be found on the http://www.tangentlink.com/ website
Bryn Elliott – Police Aviation News
R44 photo represents one of the current fleet
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics