The selection of Pro Line Fusion® integrated avionics for AgustaWestland’s AW609 TiltRotor marks new territory for Rockwell Collins. AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is the first European customer for Pro Line Fusion and the first announced forward-fit application of Rockwell Collins’ touch-control primary flight displays.
“This is a very important win for Rockwell Collins as it demonstrates the extreme flexibility and advanced capabilities of our newest avionics offering, and deepens relationships with our customers,” said Claude Alber, vice president and managing director of Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EuMEA) for Rockwell Collins. “Pro Line Fusion is a perfect fit for the unique, multi-role characteristics of the AW609.”
Alber added that with features that include the industry’s first touch-control primary flight displays, enhanced graphics capabilities and integrated synthetic and enhanced vision, the Pro Line Fusion flight deck will provide AW609 pilots with the highest levels of situational awareness while reducing their workload to ensure mission success.
With Pro Line Fusion, the AW609 will be capable of single-pilot operations under instrument flight rule conditions. The TiltRotor is expected to be certified in 2016.
Pro Line Fusion for the AW609 features:
- Easy-to-use 14 inch (35.5 cm) touch-control primary flight displays that enable natural, eyes-forward operation and dramatically enhance situational awareness through all phases of flight.
- Advanced communication, navigation and surveillance systems, including Traffic Alert Collision Avoidance System (TCAS II) and automatic dependent surveillance-broadcast (ADS-B) capability for impending SESAR and NextGen airspace requirements.
- Rockwell Collins’ award-winning MultiScan Threat Detection Weather Radar System is also available for the AW609 as an option, and will integrate with the Pro Line Fusion avionics to reduce pilot workload and minimize unexpected turbulence encounters by displaying optimal, clutter-free weather information.
Pro Line Fusion entered into service in March 2012 and is now featured on 15 announced platforms ranging from turboprops and light business jets to air transport and military aircraft.
About Rockwell Collins
Rockwell Collins (NYSE: COL) is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication and aviation electronic solutions for both commercial and government applications. Our expertise in flight deck avionics, cabin electronics, mission communications, information management, and simulation and training is delivered by 20,000 employees, and a global service and support network that crosses 27 countries. To find out more, please visit www.rockwellcollins.com.
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Leonardo flies fourth AW609
- Leonardo to expand US training with AW169 and AW609 simulators
- Leonardo to produce AW609 tiltrotor Level D Full Flight Simulator
- Era to launch AW609 into US with two aircraft in 2020
- Canada certifies PT6C-67A engine for AW609
- Leonardo AW609 programme moves forward
- Leonardo rolls out AW609 in Philadelphia
- AW609 prototype moves from Arlington to Philadelphia to resume flight tests
- AW609 resumes test flights
- Third AW609 prototype starts ground runs
- Era Helicopters to help develop EMS role for AW609
- Top 10 stories on HeliHub.com in 2015
- UAE signs for three AW609s in SAR role
- AgustaWestland AW609 test flight – fatal accident
- 30-Oct-15 N609AG AgustaWestland AW609 Vercelli, Italy (2F)
- Héroux-Devtek to provide AW609 landing gear systems
- AW609 claims 1000km record of 2 hours 18 minutes
- AgustaWestland brings AW609 to UK
- AgustaWestland launches AW609 interior design competition