Associated Aircraft Group (AAG®), the Northeast’s largest premier executive Sikorsky S-76® helicopter service, is proud to announce that it has earned IS-BAO (International Standard for Business Aircraft Operations) Stage 1 Certification, demonstrating its ongoing commitment to safety and its Safety Management System (SMS). AAG is a subsidiary of Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
The International Business Aviation Council (IBAC) introduced the IS-BAO program in 2002 to foster standardized, safe and highly professional aircraft operations. IS-BAO is a voluntary standard that represents a code of best practice. It is intended to build upon the excellent safety record already established by business IS-BAO created the stages of SMS development to ensure program maintenance and progress. Stage 1 Certification is achieved when the operator’s SMS has been documented, approved and resourced; it is implemented at the time of the audit.
“Obtaining IS-BAO certification further validates our company’s commitment to the safety of our customers,” said AAG President Scott Ashton. “Our company went to great lengths to develop a framework for our SMS manual, safety risk profiles, risk assessments, operational alerts and a database for use across our operation and maintenance departments.”
AAG has more than 20 years experience providing helicopter and fixed wing charter flights, fractional ownership programs, and helicopter maintenance services from its Teterboro, New York, and Philadelphia locations. With the Northeast’s largest fleet of S-76C aircraft, AAG is the only exclusive VIP helicopter company to own and operate its own FAA Part 145 maintenance facility and is a Sikorsky Certified Repair Center. The company’s principal flight operations and repair services are housed in two hangars at the Dutchess County Airport, a short flight from its Manhattan heliports.
AAG is well recognized for its long history of owning and operating S-76C helicopters in the Northeast. AAG is “Platinum” rated by ARG/US International, is Wyvern Recommended, and has recently achieved 40,000 safe flying hours in the S-76C helicopter. AAG provides VIP helicopter transportation in the Washington D.C., Philadelphia, New York City, Hartford, and Boston markets.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
S-76® is a registered trademark of Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation.
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset
- COVID-19 – Airbus provides range of support help for customers
- AAMS Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- ICRR funding boost sees AW109 return to 7 day working from June
- EBAA supports calls for cooperation on safe integration of drones
- ARGUS International & AirNav Systems Strategic Partnership
- DTN AviationSentry for Helicopters Launches in Europe
- Precision Support Services hires new General Manager
- Babcock MCS Italia loses first appeal over €51 Million fine
- Philippine attack helicopter purchase descends into deadlock