Associated Aircraft Group (AAG®), the Northeast’s largest premier executive Sikorsky S-76® helicopter service, is proud to announce that it has earned IS-BAO (International Standard for Business Aircraft Operations) Stage 1 Certification, demonstrating its ongoing commitment to safety and its Safety Management System (SMS). AAG is a subsidiary of Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
The International Business Aviation Council (IBAC) introduced the IS-BAO program in 2002 to foster standardized, safe and highly professional aircraft operations. IS-BAO is a voluntary standard that represents a code of best practice. It is intended to build upon the excellent safety record already established by business IS-BAO created the stages of SMS development to ensure program maintenance and progress. Stage 1 Certification is achieved when the operator’s SMS has been documented, approved and resourced; it is implemented at the time of the audit.
“Obtaining IS-BAO certification further validates our company’s commitment to the safety of our customers,” said AAG President Scott Ashton. “Our company went to great lengths to develop a framework for our SMS manual, safety risk profiles, risk assessments, operational alerts and a database for use across our operation and maintenance departments.”
AAG has more than 20 years experience providing helicopter and fixed wing charter flights, fractional ownership programs, and helicopter maintenance services from its Teterboro, New York, and Philadelphia locations. With the Northeast’s largest fleet of S-76C aircraft, AAG is the only exclusive VIP helicopter company to own and operate its own FAA Part 145 maintenance facility and is a Sikorsky Certified Repair Center. The company’s principal flight operations and repair services are housed in two hangars at the Dutchess County Airport, a short flight from its Manhattan heliports.
AAG is well recognized for its long history of owning and operating S-76C helicopters in the Northeast. AAG is “Platinum” rated by ARG/US International, is Wyvern Recommended, and has recently achieved 40,000 safe flying hours in the S-76C helicopter. AAG provides VIP helicopter transportation in the Washington D.C., Philadelphia, New York City, Hartford, and Boston markets.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
S-76® is a registered trademark of Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation.
- Specialized Navy Sailors Deployed with Marine Squadron ahead of V-22 Transition
- Thales H160 Level D sim approved
- Boeing, Honeywell and Rolls-partner on German CH-47 bid
- Wyoming Army National Guard activated to assist with California wildfires
- Bristow names new CFO
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance receives COVID19 cash from Government
- Christoph 43 completes 570 missions in first half of 2020
- New head of police air unit for Brazilian state of Ceara
- ARNG Helicopter modernization project
- Whirly-Girls Announce New Instrument Rating Scholarship for Female Aviators for 2021
- SAFE awarded USAF contract for CH-53 maintenance platforms
- Austria orders the AW169M
- HSC-22 Receives First MQ-8C Firescout
- Neptune Energy extends contract with CHC Helicopters
- Baden-Württemberg police take on new fire-fighting role
- Bell Presents the Turkish Director General of Forestry with the Outstanding Operational Readiness Award
- Bell Presents the Turkish National Police with the Outstanding Operational Readiness Award
- Cornwall Air Ambulance to feature in new TV series
- STARS to take over Lifeflight in Manitoba
- Volocopter offers reservations for commercial flights