Chinook ACMS Mission Planning System delivered by Terma and National Aerospace Laboratory (NLR) to 298 Squadron, the Royal Netherlands Air Force (RNLAF).
Following RNLAF’s recent procurement of six Chinook CH-47F helicopters – in addition to the current CH-47Ds already in service – Terma has provided the Mission Support System “ChAMPS” (Chinook ACMS Mission Planning System). The system was developed in collaboration with NLR, and the delivery of the system completes a two-year development phase.
ChAMPS will enable the crew to load data such as navigation, communication, and digital maps to the Portable Flight Planning Software (PFPS) memory card when planning their mission. The memory card will be read by the Advanced Cockpit Management System, and any updates made in-flight can be downloaded to the memory card and transferred back to the PFPS using ChAMPS.
The data generated by the Mission Planning System and fed into the flight computers is truly “Mission Critical” as the pilots and crew will rely upon the correctness of the data for their safety and the safety of their aircraft.
Terma was responsible for the PCMCIA memory card loading, the system testing, verification and validation, and for the training of the flight crews in the use of the new integrated tool.
A final customer acceptance test took place at 11 October at the 298 operational squadron air force base at Gilze-Rijen, home of the recently delivered new Chinooks. The test was a success, and ChAMPS is now ready to deploy with the RNLAF air fleet.
Terma develops products and systems for defense, civilian authorities, and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft, space technology, and advanced aero structures for the aircraft industry. The company has a total staff of 1,100 and realized 2010/11 revenues of 250 MUSD.
Terma is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark, and maintains international subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, Germany, the U.S., and Singapore.
- Coulson and Unical Join Forces to form Coulson Unical
- UTC Unveils New Lightweight Ballistic Protection
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Boeing Awarded $199M Contract for H-47 Rotor Blade Support
- Honeywell Awarded $20M Contract for CH-47 Engine Support
- US delivers new Chinook to Turkey despite F-35 problem
- Netherlands signs combined Apache and Chinook sustainment contract with Boeing
- CAE joins Boeing H-47 Chinook team
- Boeing, Rohde & Schwarz Sign Agreement
- Boeing partners with 10 German Aerospace Companies
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded
- Israel prefers CH-47F to CH-53K
- LifePort Delivers Lightweight Armor Kit for Columbia Helicopters
- Boeing awarded $19M contract for field service representatives for the CH-47
- King Stallion and Chinook to battle for Israeli order
- DynCorp International awarded $8M contract for Maintenance on AH-64, UH-60, CH-47, and OH-58s
- Boeing Awards Components Manufacturing Contract to COTESA
- Government of Greece– CH-47D Helicopters
- Columbia Helicopters receives Boeing Gold Award
- Stirling and SGB extend partnership