Terma and the Danish Defence Acquisition and Logistics Organization (DALO) recently signed a contract for upgrading the Electronic Warfare (EW) suite on the Air Force’ TTT Westland 101 Merlin helicopters (EH-101).
The EW upgrade program will be carried out during 2013 with delivery from Terma to DALO at the end of 2013.
The comprehensive system integration task involves the two Terma business areas Aerostructures and Defense & Security, where the EW equipment that has previously been delivered from Terma is being re-used.
This equipment includes the Terma developed and manufactured Electronic Warfare Management System ALQ-213, Tactical Threat Displays, Tactical Data Unit, and pods integrated with the Advanced Counter Measure Dispensers (ACMDS) and Missile Warning Sensors. Terma will deliver the complete system integration task including design, manufacturing, and final certification onto the EH-101 platform.
Terma has been involved in the EW architecture for the Danish EH-101 since the very beginning. Terma delivered the current EW installation back in 2003/04, when the helicopters were delivered to the Royal Danish Air Force (RDAF).
RDAF has a total of 14 EH-101 helicopters. Eight are dedicated to Search & Rescue (SA) missions, while six are to be used for Tactical Troop Transport (TTT) tasks.
Terma develops products and systems for defense, non-defense, and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for ships and aircraft, space technology, and advanced aerostructures for the international aircraft industry. The company, headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark, has a total staff of 1,100 and realized 2011 revenues of USD 248 million, and maintains international subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, Germany, Singapore, and in the U.S.
Further information about Terma and radar technology at www.terma.com.
- 06-Nov-19 MM81487 Leonardo AW101 Tyrrhenian Sea, Italy
- 380 mln EUR contract for maritime multirole helicopters with the Polish Ministry of National Defense
- Polish Ministry of National Defence signs Agreement for AW101
- Kongsberg opens new transmission MRO facility for AW101 and NH90
- Leonardo wins Canadian SAR AW101 upgrade contract
- First Leonardo AW101 Commando Merlin delivered to the Commando
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT to 35 days
- RoadRunner EFI on display at HAI Heli-Expo
- Leonardo delivers first Norwegian SAR AW101
- Thailand signs AW101 MoU with Leonardo
- AW101 is focus for Leonardo at MSPO 2017 in Poland
- First Royal Navy AW101 Merlin Mk.4 flies
- Norway opens AW101 Training Centre
- Leonardo joins IMP again for Canadian AW101 upgrade program
- Team Cormorant re-established for Canadian AW101 Mid-Life Upgrade
- 21-May-17 Leonardo AW101 Hamr el Ain, Algeria (3F)
- Canadian Defence Minister wants B412 and AW101 upgrades
- Onboard Systems contracted for AW169 and AW101 HEC Secondary Hook Kits
- Indonesian AW101 Investigation
- Indonesian Air Force Looks into AW-101 Helicopter Purchase