American Eurocopter today announced Brevard County, Florida, has purchased two AS350 B3e helicopters. The aircraft will be utilized for mosquito control, firefighting and herbicide application throughout the county, which is located along Florida’s east coast, replacing an AS350 B3 and two 206Bs currently being used.
“We carefully considered our options before making the purchase,” said Brevard County Mosquito Control Director, Craig Simmons. “Our main focus was searching for a proven aircraft that could carry heavy exterior loads for mosquito control spray applications, while maintaining considerable flight range. The low acquisition and operating costs for the new AS350 B3e, along with the extra payload and safety features of the aircraft, were a perfect fit for our operations.”
The aircraft will primarily be used for mosquito control in Brevard County, which experiences extreme and heavy mosquito breeding activity countywide. The 2011 mosquito season in Brevard was more than double what had been experienced in years past with more acres treated last year than the previous two years combined, an increase of more than 250% over 2010 alone.
“We are extremely pleased to once again provide our products and services to Brevard County,” said American Eurocopter Vice President of Commercial Sales and Marketing, Treg Manning. “We beieve the increased performance and safety features of the B3e will enhance their mission capabilities.”
The AS350 AStar is a single-engine workhorse with the best performance in its category. Built and certified in the United States, this cost-effective helicopter accommodates five to six passengers in all forward-facing seats. High performance, enhanced maneuverability and reduced pilot workload make American Eurocopter’s AS350 the preferred rotary-wing aircraft for a growing number of U.S. civilian users, air medical services and law enforcement agencies. From 2011 the best will get even better, with the AS350 B3e offering faster cruise speeds, 30 minute take-off power, longer engine TBOs (6,000 hours mature), lower DMCs and improved tail rotor controls.
The aircraft are scheduled for delivery in July 2013.
About American Eurocopter
American Eurocopter is the U.S. affiliate of Eurocopter, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world, and a subsidiary of EADS North America Holdings, the North American operations of EADS, the second largest aerospace and defense company in the world. American Eurocopter is a helicopter manufacturer and markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and parapublic helicopters offered by any manufacturer. The product line represents the most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters, ranging from light single to heavy twin, serving all markets and missions. Company headquarters and main facility are in Grand Prairie, TX, with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, MS.
- Entrol launches the H05 / H125 FNPT II simulator
- Astronics Enhanced Vision Systems Receives Approval for AS350s
- 13-Sep-20 PP-MRA Airbus AS350 Arapiraca, Brazil
- GPMS wins STC for Foresight Predictive HUMS on AS350
- 06-Sep-20 N354PA Airbus AS350B2 Fort Greely, US-Alaska
- 01-Sep-20 N139HN Airbus EC130 Winchester, US-Kentucky
- 25-Aug-20 N160SH Airbus AS350B2 Tuxedni Bay, US-Alaska
- GPMS launches subscription-model HUMS
- Saudi operator orders ten Airbus H125s
- 17-Aug-20 C-FAHC Airbus AS350B2 Stewart, Canada (1F)
- 17-Aug-20 C-FAHC Airbus AS350 Stewart, Canada (1F)
- 12-Aug-20 C-GNZF Airbus AS350B2 Sacré-Coeur, Canada
- 12-Aug-20 C-GNZF Airbus AS350B2 Les Bergeronne, Canada
- 04-Aug-20 TG-PME Airbus AS350 Chisec, Guatemala (1F)
- 31-Jul-20 CC-DAM Airbus AS350B3 Santiago, Chile
- 26-Jul-20 F-GNLM Airbus AS350 Clermont-Ferrand, France
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Four new Airbus H125s for Norwegian operators in one week
- 12-Apr-20 N160CC Airbus H125 Tampa, US-Florida
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350