From October 22-24, HAI staff represented the interests of the international helicopter community at the 2012 Air Medical Transport Conference (AMTC) at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, Wash.
AMTC is specifically designed to educate, inform, and to supply up to the minute information on the latest techniques and innovative approaches to emergency medical transport practice. The conference offers more than 150 education sessions covering topics in a variety of disciplines including safety, core clinical, specialty clinical, management, aviation, research, and communications. In addition to education sessions, AMTC features more than 120 companies displaying products and services directly applicable to air and critical care ground medicine.
Representing HAI were Safety Director Stan Rose; Derek McGuire from the Membership department; and Steve Champness, HAI sales rep.
Day one afforded a great opportunity for members of the close-knit medical transport community to catch up with friends and make new acquaintances. HAI is proud of its HEMS members, and is committed to reaching out at events such as these to advise on safety issues and to hear the concerns of its members – even attracting new members to the association in the process.
On the second day, the Association of Air Medical Services (AAMS) Safety Committee sponsored its annual Joint Safety Committee meeting where representatives from various safety groups spoke about their current initiatives. Stan Rose briefed the group on the HAI Accreditation Program (HAI-AP), a voluntary program that helps helicopter operators reduce accident rates and improve their safety cultures; Enhanced Synthetic Vision Systems; and the Rotor Safety Challenge. Debuting at HELI-EXPO 2013, the Rotor Safety Challenge provides a convenient and economical way to learn industry best practices and safety tools and techniques. Other groups in attendance included the FAA, AMOA, HEMSPA, and CAMTS.
- FAA approves five-blade Airbus H145
- EASA issues 3rd edition of Helicopter Flight Instructor Guide
- HAI determined that Heli-Expo 2021 will be live, not virtual
- MD Helicopters completes another MD500E conversion to MD530F
- Thales and StandardAero mark first flight of 4-axis autopilot for Airbus AS350 and H125
- Brazil’s Federal Highway Police orders six AW119s
- Elbit win $96M Contract for a Rotary-Wing Mission Training Center
- Leonardo to add extra baggage pod to AW189
- 29-Nov-20 9N-AJJ Airbus AS350B2 Nuwakot, Nepal
- Bell Boeing awarded $12M contract to modify the V-22 of Japan
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance buy new helmets
- Bell Boeing awarded $188M contract for logistics and engineering support for the V-22 platform
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe