Representatives from Japan visited Enstrom the week of October 22, 2012 to accept their last delivery for the year. This delivery marks eight aircraft for the year, completing a total 10 out of a contracted 30 TH-480B helicopters that have been delivered. The turbine powered aircraft will be used by the Japanese Ground Self-Defense Force to train pilots for their fleet of helicopters. The TH-480B will eventually replace the OH-6 as the JGSDF’s primary training helicopter.
The first two TH-480B helicopters delivered to Japan have been in service for a combined total of more than 600 flight hours. This most recent delivery will arrive in Japan to support an on time delivery to the JGSDF, with 10 more to follow in 2013, and the final 10 in 2014.
“This delivery marks a great milestone for Enstrom in our relationship with Japan, with one third of the order now complete,” said Enstrom Helicopter Corporation President and CEO, Jerry Mullins. “We are very happy with the progress of the program with the Japanese Ground Self-Defense Force.”
The TH-480B is the JGSDF designation for the Enstrom 480B light turbine helicopter. Enstrom was chosen in a competitive bidding process over two formidable manufacturers in February of 2010 to replace the JGSDF fleet of training helicopters. The first TH-480B was delivered to the JGSDF in February of 2011.
Founded in 1959, Enstrom Helicopter Corporation manufactures a complete line of helicopters. The three-seat, piston-powered F28F and 280FX are popular training, sport and light commercial aircraft. The larger turbine-powered 480B is available as a three-place advanced trainer and patrol aircraft, a 2+2 four-seat training helicopter, or as a three- to five-place executive transport. For law enforcement applications, Enstrom produces an optionally equipped variant of the 480B, known as the Guardian, and the F28F, called the Sentinel. For more information on Enstrom, visit www.enstromhelicopter.com.
- 250th Enstrom 480 produced as manufacturer welcomes French dealer
- Royal Thai Army prepares for more Enstrom 480Bs
- Enstrom Obtains Certification of Garmin® GTN 750
- 22-Mar-19 OK-CLV Enstrom 480 Slavoňov, Czech Republic (2F)
- Six more Enstrom 480s for Thailand
- Enstrom 480B receives Canadian certification
- New Zealand certifies current Enstrom models
- New 480B to South Africa
- Enstrom certifies Appareo Vision 1000
- LOM PRAHA TRADE a.s. and Enstrom Helicopter sign Contract
- 10-May-17 N480W Enstrom 480 Pfunders, Italy (1F)
- Enstrom Delivers 480B to Sharkeys Helicopter
- Enstrom signs new 5-year agreement for M250 engines
- R66 production numbers speed past the H120 total
- 09-Sep-15 G-IGHH Enstrom 280 Aldbury, UK
- Enstrom delivers last of 30 480Bs to Japanese Ground Self Defense Force
- Enstrom Delivers First 480B-G
- FAA approves Enstrom 480B-G – the Garmin G1000H equipped 480
- Enstrom Adds Dealers, Continues Innovation
- Czech Republic – DSA adds Enstrom 480 to fleet