AAR has received FAA certification of its new and improved Off Shore Airliner (OSA) interior design for Sikorsky’s S-92® fleet of offshore utility aircraft. In addition to the composite interiors for the Sikorsky S-92 helicopter program, AAR also provides precision machining services for several hundred aircraft. AAR made the announcement from the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) Convention in Orlando.
AAR’s Technology Products team designed, tooled, manufactured and qualified the interior at the Company’s Composites facility in Clearwater and the new design received ODA (Organization Designation Authorization) Type Certificate approval of the commercial offshore/airliner interior.
AAR successfully delivered its first aircraft interior earlier this year. The interior design has a cleaner appearance with updated passenger provisions, improved maintenance access, lower interior cabin noise and low weight LED lighting upgrades. Mechanical installation details have been enhanced to significantly reduce installation time and eliminate the need for rigging for fit and finish.
AAR signed a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. in 2010 to work together to identify opportunities to expand their business relationship. The S-92 composites agreement represents a significant achievement in AAR’s manufacturing strategy to become a Tier 1 supplier of interior and exterior composite assemblies for major aerospace programs. The S-92 helicopter is preferred by many customers for critical missions, capable of handling the most demanding environments and conditions.
“As we build on our reputation as an industry leader in the supply of aerostructures for fixed-wing aircraft, to become a new supplier for an OEM of rotorcraft demonstrates the breadth of our engineering and manufacturing capabilities,” said Tim Dumbauld, Vice President and General Manager for AAR’s precision machining and composites fabrication businesses. “We’re pleased to partner with Sikorsky and support all of its deliveries of S-92 aircraft.”
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX) in Hartford, Conn., and a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture and service. With delivery of the offshore utility interior, AAR Composites now supplies interiors for all commercial S-92 variants, including the SAR and VIP aircraft. AAR also supplies a composite interior for the Canadian Military version of the aircraft, as well as aerostructures and interiors to Bombardier, Spirit, Cessna, Lockheed, Northrop Grumman and Boeing Military.
AAR was recently named the Best Aircraft Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) Provider in the Americas, Aircraft Parts Supplier of the Year and was ranked among the Top Five MROs in surveys of airline executives and industry professionals.
- 25-Sep-20 LN-ONQ Sikorsky S92 Sola, Norway
- Babcock wins major new contracts with Total E&P UK
- HM Coastguard flies first UK unmanned SAR missions
- ITP Aero wins engine MRO contract for CHC S-92s and AW189s
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- Babcock wins major new North Sea helicopter contract from Bristow
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Bristow Announces Contract Extensions with ConocoPhillips
- Sikorsky Honours S92 Operators
- Sikorsky introduces S-92A+ and S-92B upgrades
- First Sikorsky S92 retired from active service
- 13-Dec-19 G-WNSV Sikorsky S92 Sumburgh, UK
- 25-Oct-19 5N-BOA Sikorsky S92 Port Hardcourt, Nigeria
- Babcock swaps aircraft between UK and Australia
- 18-Feb-10 Sikorsky H-92 Kauai, US-Hawaii
- HeliTSA starts S92 maintenance training in Australia, secures own Part 147 approval
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Sikorsky relocates and expands parts stock in Brazil
- Milestone grows S92 fleet to 95 Helicopters
- Canada Certifies Increased Gross Weight for S-92