The controversial move of the Helitech show by Reed Exhibitions from a wide-open airfield to a city-bound exhibition centre has led to the proposed revival of “The Helicopter Show” – originally planned in September this year for Farnborough and later moved to the well-known Formula 1 race circuit at Silverstone.
In a brief update on a well-known aviation forum site, a user under the name “bobmunton” filed his first post as below
This user also lists website http://www.thehelicoptershow.com in his profile, from which our heading image was taken.
Bob Munton runs The Helicopter Show and was Chief Executive of Spearhead Exhibitions from 2001 to 2006. Spearhead, who founded Helitech, was sold to Reed for an undisclosed sum in Sept 2003, the year Spearhead made £2.2M profit. Munton is also a Director of Firstrax Ltd – an exhibitons consultancy. The Firstrax website lists other contacts as Lesley Ann Sandbach, Isabelle Branson and Philip Soar, all of whom also appear on the “contact us” page of The Helicopter Show website.
We thus assume that Firstrax Ltd is the organiser of The Helicopter Show.
Some users on the forum site welcomed the revival of The Helicopter Show as a better alternative to Helitech, while others were also citing the European Helicopter Show being held in May 2013 in the Czech Republic as another option.
The HeliHub.com team will continue to monitor progress of these events.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Airbus-funded helicopter booking platform Voom ceases operations
- VFS 2020 Annual Awards announcements
- COVID-19 – Australian Rotortech event postponed to October
- USHST Infrastructure Working Group Completes 6th Annual Helicopter Infrastructure Summit
- FAA certifies Onboard Systems dual hook for Bell 206L and 407
- Utah Rotor Pathway Program Receives $1.1 Million Grant
- COVID-19 – Air BP to supply free fuel to a number of air ambulance services in England and Wales
- COVID-19 – EASA processing new aircraft configurations for medical transport at high priority
- HSM-70 Change-of-Command
- FAA Grants NATA Requested Crewmember Relief
- Airbus Helicopters launches RTEX tool to monitor Service Bulletins
- COVID-19 – Omni adapts four aircraft to transport suspected cases of COVID-19
- FAA advice on expiring air medical certificates was released prematurely and is invalid
- COVID-19 – London Heliport announces temporary closure
- Lockheed Martin’s FARA Enters Prototype Phase
- COVID-19 – 3 British Army AW159 Wildcats have been deployed to support UK with COVID-19
- HAI Urges Caution Re FAA Announcement for Airmen Medical Certificates
- Crash-resistant Fuel System Developed for Russian Ka-226T
- NCHCF continues to raise funds for heliport at Melfort Hospital
- DRF Luftrettung starts using new isolation stretchers