Donaldson Aerospace & Defense, a divison of Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI), will showcase Inlet Barrier Filter (IBF) systems for a wide range of military and civil rotorcraft at Helishow Dubai 2012 in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Helishow Dubai is an ideal venue for demonstrating Donaldson filter effectiveness in demanding desert environments. The company’s IBFs are designed to protect rotorcraft engines and other systems from contamination by fine sand and airborne particulates, especially during takeoffs, landings and low-level flights. In addition, Donaldson is developing new dry media IBFs for easier cleaning and rapid replacement.
Donaldson experts will be available to discuss filtration solutions for rotary-wing platforms and missions in Booth No. 106 at the Grand Stand, Meydan Hotel, Meydan Racecourse Nov. 6 – 8. An AgustaWestland AW139 twin-engine utility rotorcraft with Donaldson filters also will be displayed on the flight line.
“Engine intake protection is crucial for flight safety and efficiency throughout the UAE and the Middle East, and we are proud that so many rotorcraft operators in the region rely on Donaldson filters to complete successful missions,” said Robert Stenberg, Business Development Director for Donaldson St. Louis.
Donaldson IBFs have saved the U.S. armed forces millions of dollars in maintenance, repair and overhaul during more than a decade of combat in Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan and Operation Iraqi Freedom in Iraq. Throughout these operations, IBFs have provided more efficient and effective protection than other filtration systems. Military rotorcraft equipped with Donaldson IBFs experienced no engine removals due to erosion during desert operations. IBFs also protect attack helicopters from the effects of rocket gas ingestion when engaging targets.
The U.S. Army has installed IBFs on its entire fleet of TH-67 Creek training helicopters, and 25 percent of its fleet of OH-58A/C Kiowa observation helicopters. Donaldson IBFs are standard on the Army’s Special Operations MH/AH-6 Little Bird, OH-58D/F Kiowa Warrior, and support 25 percent of the UH-60 BLACK HAWK utility helicopter fleet. The air forces of Iraq, Afghanistan, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and the UAE also equip their rotorcraft with Donaldson IBFs. Civil operators utilizing Donaldson IBFs in the region include Saudi Aramco and Horizon Helicopters. Engines protected by Donaldson filters routinely meet or exceed time between overhaul (TBO) specifications while operating in the Middle East.
About Donaldson’s Aerospace & Defense Group
Donaldson’s Aerospace & Defense group is a leading worldwide provider of filtration systems for the aerospace and defense industry. Our filtration solutions protect fixed wing aircraft, rotorcraft, military ground vehicles, electronic equipment, space vehicles, missiles, military shipboard systems and amphibious vehicles. We are committed to advancing filtration technology, providing quality products and prompt customer service. Our group serves customers from sales, engineering and manufacturing locations around the world.
About Donaldson Company
Donaldson is a leading worldwide provider of filtration systems that improve people’s lives, enhance our Customers’ equipment performance, and protect our environment. We are a technology-driven Company committed to satisfying our Customers’ needs for filtration solutions through innovative research and development, application expertise, and global presence. Our approximately 13,200 employees contribute to the Company’s success by supporting our Customers at our more than 100 sales, manufacturing, and distribution locations around the world.
Donaldson is a member of the S&P MidCap 400 and Russell 1000 indices, and our shares trade on the NYSE under the symbol DCI. Additional information is available at www.donaldson.com.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020