Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced it has received Supplemental Type Certification (STC) approval from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for a Radar Altimeter Mount Kit for the Bell 206L, Bell 206L-1, Bell 206L-3, and Bell 206L-4 helicopter models.
The Radar Altimeter Mount Kit provides two flat mounting locations for installation of either a Bendix King KA-54A or Sensor Systems, Inc. S67-2002 altimeter antenna on the bottom of the tailboom. Installing the antennas on the tailboom allows for additional optional equipment or large mission equipment to be installed on the belly of the aircraft. The radar altimeter mount kit is engineered for ease of installation and each kit includes detailed instructions, drawings, and hardware.
”The FAA STC approval of the Radar Altimeter Mount Kit provides our Bell 206 series operators additional functionality and increased mission performance,” said Chad Nimrick, director, Aeronautical Accessories and director, CSS Engineering.
The addition of a radar altimeter has been recommended by the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) to improve safety of flight for HEMS aircraft or public operators conducting air medical transportation.
“Bell Helicopter is pleased to offer this enhancement to our 206L series customers through its Aeronautical Accessories brand in an effort to help them address pilot and aircraft safety,” said Nimrick. “The announcement of this mount kit further demonstrates Bell Helicopter’s dedication to its customers in terms of safety and aftermarket support.”
For more information on the 206L series Radar Altimeter Mount Kit please contact the Aeronautical Accessories sales team at 1.800.251.7094 or email your questions to [email protected]
About Aeronautical Accessories
Aeronautical Accessories is a Bell Helicopter/Textron Inc., brand. The organization designs, manufactures, warehouses, and distributes the most advanced helicopter parts and accessories through a worldwide network in over 110 countries. The ISO:9001/AS9100C certified organization has been distributing innovative, quality rotorcraft products since 1979.
About Bell Helicopter
Bell Helicopter, a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft. Globally recognized for world-class customer service, innovation and superior quality, Bell’s global workforce serves customers flying Bell aircraft in more than 120 countries.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna Aircraft Company, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, and Textron Systems. More information is available at www.textron.com.
- Jotov & Son Bulgaria purchased an Entrol H01 FNPT II simulator
- 17-Oct-19 N167AG Bell 206B Marshville, US-North Carolina (1F)
- 18-Mar-19 ZT-ROB Bell 206L3 Beira, Mozambique
- Israel orders seven Leonardo AW119Kx trainers to replace Bell 206s
- 11-Feb-19 PT-HPG Bell 206B Jabaquara, Brazil (2F)
- 04-Feb-19 VH-NXW Bell 206 Marcoola, Australia
- Precision Flight Controls and Ryan Aerospace develops B206 simulator
- Precision Flight Controls releases simulator for B206 and B407GXP
- 07-Nov-17 N93PH Bell 206B Rolling Fork, US-Mississippi
- 08-Nov-17 N275AE Bell 206L3 Union City, US-Tennessee
- FAA approves B206 and B407 sim from Ryan-Precision JV
- 10-Aug-17 7T-WU? Bell 206L Douira, Algeria (4F)
- 10-Jun-17 B-31118 Bell 206B Fengbin, Taiwan (3F)
- 10-Jun-17 VH-ONE Bell 206B Avalon, Australia
- 13-May-17 D-HHFW Bell 206B Hirtshals, Denmark
- 07-May-17 Bell 206 Waterloo, US-Illinois
- 02-May-17 N911GE Bell 206B Fort McCoy, US-Florida
- The Helicopter Museum to dispose of A109 and B206 airframes in Jumble Sale
- KF Aerospace awarded contract to deliver and operate Bell 206 for CFTS
- Bell 206 production finally stops later in 2017