On Sat., Nov. 10, HAI sponsored a safety seminar at Helicopters Inc.’s FBO at Spirit of St. Louis Airport in St. Louis, Mo. The FAA Safety Team brought together a group of more than 70 helicopter operators and pilots, and provided speakers on a variety of helicopter safety subjects.
Topics covered included helicopter accident trends, wire strike avoidance, TFR information, safety initiatives, local issues, and skills needed to make it in the industry. George Farito from FlightSafety International spoke on human factors and the use of simulators in helicopter training.
HAI would like to thank Helicopters Inc. for providing their facilities for this event.
- Specialized Navy Sailors Deployed with Marine Squadron ahead of V-22 Transition
- Thales H160 Level D sim approved
- Boeing, Honeywell and Rolls-partner on German CH-47 bid
- Wyoming Army National Guard activated to assist with California wildfires
- Bristow names new CFO
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance receives COVID19 cash from Government
- Christoph 43 completes 570 missions in first half of 2020
- New head of police air unit for Brazilian state of Ceara
- ARNG Helicopter modernization project
- Whirly-Girls Announce New Instrument Rating Scholarship for Female Aviators for 2021
- SAFE awarded USAF contract for CH-53 maintenance platforms
- Austria orders the AW169M
- HSC-22 Receives First MQ-8C Firescout
- Neptune Energy extends contract with CHC Helicopters
- Baden-Württemberg police take on new fire-fighting role
- Bell Presents the Turkish Director General of Forestry with the Outstanding Operational Readiness Award
- Bell Presents the Turkish National Police with the Outstanding Operational Readiness Award
- Cornwall Air Ambulance to feature in new TV series
- STARS to take over Lifeflight in Manitoba
- Volocopter offers reservations for commercial flights