This is the press release confirming the story HeliHub.com ran FIVE WEEKS ago! – see California’s REACH sold to AMGH
REACH Medical Holdings LLC, parent company of REACH Air Medical Services with headquarters in Santa Rosa, has been wholly acquired by Air Medical Group Holdings, Inc. (AMGH).
As of December 5, 2012 REACH joins a family of three AMGH-owned air ambulance companies: Air Evac Lifeteam of West Plains, MO; Med-Trans Corporation of Dallas, TX and EagleMed of Wichita, KS. Combined (not including REACH), the company operates a fleet of more than 200 helicopters and airplanes from 180 U.S. bases in 27 states.
REACH was founded in 1987 by Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital emergency department physician, Dr. John L. McDonald. The company has grown under the leadership of Jim Adams, chief executive officer and Dr. McDonald’s sons, Patrick and Dan McDonald. Dr. McDonald passed away in 2000. REACH now serves Oregon, California and Texas from 18 bases of operation and employs nearly 400.
“I see this opportunity of becoming part of the AMGH family as a great fit and it is very exciting to us. We look forward to getting the scale benefits of being part of a larger air medical provider while staying true to what has made REACH a respected caregiver to our patients and a reliable partner to our customers and employees – now and into the future,” says Sean Russell, newly-appointed President of REACH. “AMGH has made it clear that our company will continue to maintain its identity, values, culture and commitment to the vision of our founder. Within the next few months, facilitated by the support of AMGH, we will take delivery of a new EC-135 helicopter to serve our Northern California operation.”
REACH provides emergency air ambulance services to critically-ill or injured patients as a result of requests from emergency medical services personnel or transferring hospitals often located in rural areas. REACH has transported more than 75,000 patients in over 25 years of operation. AMGH supports the individual brand identities, company culture and management of the companies in the group.
REACH Air Medical Services supports operations in Concord, Crescent City, Eureka, Imperial, Lakeport, Marysville, Redding, Sacramento, Santa Rosa, Stockton, Thermal, and Upland, California as well as Brookings, Gold Beach and Corvallis, Oregon and San Antonio, Pearsall, and Houston, Texas. REACH provides air medical transport services utilizing helicopters, airplanes and ground ambulances, regionally and nationally. REACH is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Services (CAMTS).
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS
- StandardAero expands with Safe Aviation Solutions acquisition
- CPI Aero gains orders for T70 Turkish Utility Helicopter Program
- CHC Appoints New Executive Lead for Global Operations and Supply Chain
- HAI President/CEO Named to USDOT Safety Oversight and Certification Advisory Committee
- Able Opens New Expansion of Headquarters
- Leonardo puts forward AW149 at DSEI 2019
- Russian operator Skypro adds fourth AW139
- Rotex Helicopter to take delivery of new KMax in Q4
- Volocopter raises 50 million Euros in C round funding
- UTair Engineering picks AMOS MRO software
- PHi exits Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- Volocopter completes integration tests at Helsinki Airport
- Helicopter pilot appointed new Station Commander at RAF Odiham