DART Helicopter Services is pleased to announce EASA approval of its A119/AW119MKII Cable Cutters Kit. FAA approval was previously received and Transport Canada approval is pending.
The Cable Cutters Kit offered by DART provides a more affordable option compared to other kits on the market. This new approval is a welcome addition to our expanding line of products available for European operators.
The A119 Cable Cutters Kit provides a means of protecting the helicopter during a cable/wire strike by providing the capability to cut a cable/wire before catastrophic damage occurs. The kit is designed to reduce the possibly of a cable/wire entering the cockpit and to reduce the chance of flight control damage. Similar cable/wire cutting devices have proven to be effective even during multiple wire strikes. The kit incorporates both an upper and lower cutter and each cutter is designed with high strength cutting blades. The cutter design was tested to verify the capability to cut multiple cables with a combined tensile strength of 32,100 lbs. The kit also contains machined deflectors for the wiper posts and fresh air scoop.
DART Helicopter Services is a privately held aerospace company, whose primary focus is to design, manufacture, market and distribute innovative & customized STC’d solutions for helicopters and the aerospace industry around the world. With over 600 STC’s and 5,000 products, DART offers a comprehensive portfolio of aftermarket products, accessories, spare parts and tools for civil and military operators, all major rotorcraft OEM’s, completion centers, and MR&O facilities. DART’s extensive engineering capabilities and manufacturing centers of excellence deliver fast time-to-market solutions with superior customer support in over 120 countries worldwide. www.darthelicopterservices.com
- US Navy selects Leonardo AW119 for trainer – first order for 32 placed
- Brazil approves Astronautics EFI on AW109 and AW119
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- Israel orders seven Leonardo AW119Kx trainers to replace Bell 206s
- Nepalese Army Agusta AW139 makes maiden flight form Kathmandu
- Nepalese Army takes delivery of AW139
- Leonardo performs TH-119 avionics power
- Leonardo adds Authorised Service Centre in Chile
- FAA approves AMS lightweight medical interior for AW109 and AW119
- FAA approves AMS ambulance interior for AW119 and AW109
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- 09-Jun-17 VT-NRK AgustaWestland AW119 Badrinath, India (1F)
- Israel and Italy Discuss Training Helicopter Contract
- Leonardo strengthens strategic partnership with Shanghai Zenisun
- FAA approves Sky Connect Tracker III on AW109 and AW119
- Able Aerospace Services joins Leonardo Helicopters service network
- Leonardo adds AW169 and AW189 to Kaan Air distributor agreement in Turkey
- AgustaWestland sold $1.3 Billion worth of helicopters to Algeria
- New Mexico – Lifeguard Air Emergency Services to launch AW119Kx operations
- Finmeccanica picks FreeFlight RA4500 radalt as AW119 standard