ATK (NYSE: ATK) has received a $48-million production contract from the U.S. Navy for the manufacturing of the AAR-47 Missile Warning System. The award encompasses production of new assemblies, including optical sensor converters and computer processors, as well as options for retrofitting weapon replaceable assembly upgrades and delivery of ATK’s Countermeasures Signal Simulator (CSS) to test the systems operability.
ATK’s AAR-47 Missile Warning System is a combat-proven electronic warfare system designed to protect helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft from surface-to-air threats. The AAR-47 is the only system in use today that integrates missile, laser and hostile fire threat warning into a single system. With ATK’s unique Hostile Fire Indication (HFI) capability added to the AAR-47, military aircrews flying helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft can detect a wider range of threats to their aircraft, including smaller-caliber weapon fire and rocket propelled grenades.
“ATK’s AAR-47 aircraft survivability system is installed on all U.S. Navy and Marine Corps helicopters and transport aircraft operating in combat and continues to save numerous aircrew lives and aircraft from attack,” said Bill Kasting, Vice President and General Manager of ATK Defense Electronic Systems. “The addition of Hostile Fire Indication to the AAR-47 underscores our commitment to deliver improved capabilities that protect U.S. and allied military aircrews flying in harm’s way.”
“The AAR-47continues to provide the warfighter with a reliable, battle-proven, low-cost, missile and laser warning capability,” said Keith Taylor, Deputy Program Manager for the PMA-272 Aircraft Survivability Equipment Branch at the Naval Air Systems Command.
The AAR-47 missile warning system is installed on fixed and rotary-wing aircraft flown by the U.S. and its allies in more than 16 countries. The systems are installed on aircraft such as the A-10, C-5, C-17, C-130, MC-12W, P-3, CH-53, CH-46, HH/SH-60, AH-1W/Z, UH-1N/Y, and MV-22.
ATK Defense Group is an industry leader in providing innovative and affordable products across ammunition, precision and strike weapons, electronic warfare systems, and missile components for air, sea, and land-based systems. ATK is an aerospace, defense, and commercial products company with operations in 21 states, Puerto Rico, and internationally. News and information can be found on the Internet at www.atk.com.
Certain information discussed in this press release constitutes forward-looking statements as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Although ATK believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, it can give no assurance that its expectations will be achieved. Forward-looking information is subject to certain risks, trends and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected. Among those factors are: changes in governmental spending, budgetary policies and product sourcing strategies; the company’s competitive environment; the terms and timing of awards and contracts; and economic conditions. ATK undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements. For further information on factors that could impact ATK, and statements contained herein, please refer to ATK’s most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and current reports on Form 8-K filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Bristow to close two Lousiana bases with 350 job losses, claims union
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service
- Metro Aviation delivers first of two helicopters to HealthNet
- Apollo Air Services to promote Aviation Clean Air purifier units in Europe
- 06-Aug-20 N911EP Hughes OH-6 Chesterfield, US-Missouri
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International