ATK (NYSE: ATK) has received a $48-million production contract from the U.S. Navy for the manufacturing of the AAR-47 Missile Warning System. The award encompasses production of new assemblies, including optical sensor converters and computer processors, as well as options for retrofitting weapon replaceable assembly upgrades and delivery of ATK’s Countermeasures Signal Simulator (CSS) to test the systems operability.
ATK’s AAR-47 Missile Warning System is a combat-proven electronic warfare system designed to protect helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft from surface-to-air threats. The AAR-47 is the only system in use today that integrates missile, laser and hostile fire threat warning into a single system. With ATK’s unique Hostile Fire Indication (HFI) capability added to the AAR-47, military aircrews flying helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft can detect a wider range of threats to their aircraft, including smaller-caliber weapon fire and rocket propelled grenades.
“ATK’s AAR-47 aircraft survivability system is installed on all U.S. Navy and Marine Corps helicopters and transport aircraft operating in combat and continues to save numerous aircrew lives and aircraft from attack,” said Bill Kasting, Vice President and General Manager of ATK Defense Electronic Systems. “The addition of Hostile Fire Indication to the AAR-47 underscores our commitment to deliver improved capabilities that protect U.S. and allied military aircrews flying in harm’s way.”
“The AAR-47continues to provide the warfighter with a reliable, battle-proven, low-cost, missile and laser warning capability,” said Keith Taylor, Deputy Program Manager for the PMA-272 Aircraft Survivability Equipment Branch at the Naval Air Systems Command.
The AAR-47 missile warning system is installed on fixed and rotary-wing aircraft flown by the U.S. and its allies in more than 16 countries. The systems are installed on aircraft such as the A-10, C-5, C-17, C-130, MC-12W, P-3, CH-53, CH-46, HH/SH-60, AH-1W/Z, UH-1N/Y, and MV-22.
ATK Defense Group is an industry leader in providing innovative and affordable products across ammunition, precision and strike weapons, electronic warfare systems, and missile components for air, sea, and land-based systems. ATK is an aerospace, defense, and commercial products company with operations in 21 states, Puerto Rico, and internationally. News and information can be found on the Internet at www.atk.com.
Certain information discussed in this press release constitutes forward-looking statements as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Although ATK believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, it can give no assurance that its expectations will be achieved. Forward-looking information is subject to certain risks, trends and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected. Among those factors are: changes in governmental spending, budgetary policies and product sourcing strategies; the company’s competitive environment; the terms and timing of awards and contracts; and economic conditions. ATK undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements. For further information on factors that could impact ATK, and statements contained herein, please refer to ATK’s most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and current reports on Form 8-K filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020