Ornge have announced the appointment of Rob Giguere to the role of Chief Operating Officer (COO).
Mr. Giguere will oversee Aviation, Operations and the Operations Control Centre to ensure all teams are working together and moving forward to support Ornge’s focus on patient care and Ontario operations. He brings decades of experience and knowledge in aviation having worked in senior executive positions with Air Canada and Skyservice Airlines. He then became an independent aviation consultant and joined Ornge as a special advisor for aviation in April 2012.
“Ornge is fortunate to have such a highly respected and knowledgeable aviation expert in this role,” said Ron McKerlie, Interim President and CEO. “He has not only gained the trust and respect of Ornge staff but has played an invaluable role in assisting us in rebuilding the trust of Ontarians.” Mr. Giguere is the former President and CEO of Skyservice Airlines, having previously served as the organization’s COO and Accountable Executive with Transport Canada. Prior to that, he held senior leadership positions at Air Canada, including Executive Vice-President of Operations and Senior Vice-President of Flight Operations. He began his aviation career as a pilot with Air Canada in 1974.
He currently holds both an Airline Transport Pilot and Flight Engineer licence. Mr. Giguere completed his Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering at the University of Manitoba.
His extensive aviation experience is well-known throughout the industry. He was also active through voluntary roles as a board member, committee chair and representative with the Air Transport Association of Canada (ATAC), an Operations Council Member with the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and an Operations Council Member and former chairman of the Air Transport Association (ATA) based out of Washington, D.C.
“I am very pleased to be given this opportunity to be part of an organization that provides such vital services to Ontarians,” said Mr. Giguere. “I look forward to working with the executive team and front line staff as we continue to build a world class air ambulance service.”
Ornge, a not-for-profit .organization, coordinates all aspects of Ontario’s air ambulance system, the critical care land transport program, paediatric transport program and the authorization of air and land ambulance transfers between hospitals.
- Quebec acquires pre-owned Airbus H145 for law enforcement
- Arrow Aviation Completes First Single Pilot IFR Bell 407 for HEMS Service
- The Ecuadorian Air Force takes delivery of their first two H145s
- Emesent is pioneering autonomous drone flight
- Bell Joins Canadian Advanced Air Mobility Consortium
- TracPlus and v2track disrupt the global asset tracking and communications market
- Royal Singapore AF lands Chinook on Australian Navy ship for first time
- Vanderbilt LifeFlight named National Program of the Year
- IBAC Honored by Top Flight Safety Award Nomination for New IS-BAO Programme
- PS Engineering digital audio controller now has Black Hawk STC
- Canada launches major initiative in advanced air mobility
- Russian Helicopters launches Mi-8 test operation program in Indonesia
- Obituary – Dennis Kenyon – 3 October 1932 – 28 October 2020
- Global AirParts announces S-76 part out from LCI
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems gains FAA STC for MD500
- Voler Aviation Services add third helicopter type to training fleet
- Cobham’s RT-7000 Granted FAA TSOA
- Sikorsky awarded $550M contract for delivery of 6 CH-53K
- Foreign Military Sale to TECRO of 100 Harpoon Coastal Defense Systems
- MNP makes significant contribution to STARS fleet renewal program