Blue Sky Network, a leading, global provider of satellite tracking and communication solutions for aviation, land, and marine, announced today that its fleet management portal, New SkyRouter, has been selected by RLC, the largest privately-held helicopter operator in the Gulf of Mexico. New SkyRouter is a feature rich, cloud-based solution designed to enable constant connectivity with remotely dispersed mobile assets. New SkyRouter allows RLC to significantly improve the visibility of its aircraft fleet by offering two-way communication, take-off and landing reports, alerts (if required), and asset tracking via the Iridium satellite network.
RLC assists the oil, gas, and energy service industries. Its fleet transports personnel and time sensitive equipment to offshore production platforms and drill rigs making constant communication a must. New SkyRouter, which debuted in June of this year, enables pole-to-pole connectivity with assets across the globe. Incorporated with the New SkyRouter is Blue Sky’s industry-leading D1000 aviation series hardware which provides GPS tracking, flight planning, alerts, and more. Additionally, a satellite voice connection can also be achieved when used in combination with Blue Sky’s ACH1000. This complete solution has been known to improve overall fleet safety in day-to-day operations as well as in emergencies.
“Every day we transport personnel and equipment to offshore locations and our mission is to ensure the safety of our fleet while in transit. With Blue Sky Network, we are able to solidify the guarantee,” said Michael Guidry, Director of Operations for RLC. “The New SkyRouter enables our managers to effectively track and communicate with our helicopter fleet in the most remote locations, which in turn allows us to provide the highest level of service to our clients.”
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team
- LCI Helicopters closes new $75M financing from CaixaBank
- Mi-38 successfully passed testing in extreme conditions
- The high altitude flight campaign of the new H145 starts in Chile
- Korean CAA approves AW109 simulator
- Airbus Helicopters, Inc. and head of North America region appointments
- Sikorsky Awarded $22M Contract for CH-53K Support