Master Instructors LLC takes great pride in announcing a significant aviation accomplishment on the part of Randal R Rowles, the vice president of Era Training Center and resident of Fort Worth, Texas. Recently, Randy’s accreditation as a Master CFI – Helicopter (Certificated Flight Instructor-Helicopter) was renewed by Master Instructors LLC, the international accrediting authority for the Master Instructor designation as well as the FAA-approved “Master Instructor Programä.” He first earned this national professional accreditation in 2005, has held it continuously since then, and is one of only 53 worldwide to earn the credential four times. Additionally, he was the first aviation educator to earn the Master CFI-Helicopter designation.
To help put these achievements in their proper perspective, there are approximately 96,000 CFIs in the United States. Fewer than 700 of those aviation educators have achieved that distinction thus far. The last 17 national Flight Instructors of the Year were Master CFIs (see:http://www.GeneralAviationAwards.org/) while Randy is one of only 32 Texas teachers of flight to earn this prestigious “Master” title.
In the words of former FAA Administrator Marion Blakey, “The Master Instructor accreditation singles out the best that the right seat has to offer.”
The Master Instructor designation is a national accreditation recognized by the FAA. Candidates must demonstrate an ongoing commitment to excellence, professional growth, and service to the aviation community, and must pass a rigorous evaluation by a peer Board of Review. The process parallels the continuing education regimen used by other professionals to enhance their knowledge base while increasing their professionalism. Designees are recognized as outstanding aviation educators for not only their excellence in teaching, but for their engagement in the continuous process of learning — both their own, and their students’. The designation must be renewed biennially and significantly surpasses the FAA requirements for renewal of the candidate’s flight instructor certificate.
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring
- BAC Helicopters helps fight locust swarms in Kenya
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI installed in Santa Barbara County Black Hawk
- Boost Systems improves HEC Suspension Line System
- Deadline to Apply for WAI Scholarships Here
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for NH90 TFRA & Special forces
- Leonardo demonstrates helicopter-UAV teaming in the UK with its AW159 Wildcat
- Starspeed to manage two H145s on new polar vessel Ultramarine
- Ontario gold prospecting uses helicopter-borne geophysical survey
- Leonardo CEO Profumo given 6 year jail sentence and €2.5M file
- US Marine Corps retires AH-1W Cobra after 34 years
- NHV Group appoints Head of Commercial
- Simrik Air has initiated air ambulance services for COVID-19 patients
- CAE hands over CAE 700MR NH90 simulator to Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Helipad reopens at Ellwood City Medical Center
- Russian Helicopters delivers five Mi-8MTV-1