The Nigerian Air Force Invites the World Famous “Pink Shirt” (Richard Mornington-Sanford) to their base in Enugu to conduct a Robinson R66 with RR300 engine Type training Course and assemble their first two R66 helicopters.
11 technicians (including two members of the Nigerian Aviation Authority) attended the theoretical element of the course, which was conducted at their new facility in Enugu, followed by the assembly of their R66 helicopters in Lagos as a practical element.
Due to some very late nights studying as a group all attendees passed the end of course examination.
The Nigerian Air Force will take delivery of several more R66 helicopter in the next few months and I am sure that they will be the first of many military/police forces to use the R66 as a training platform for which it is an outstanding product.
HeliHub.com editor note – the two R66s involved are serials 0046 and 0075 and were cancelled from FAA registrations N804SF and N7033V respectively in August 2012. Both are 2011-build aircraft
see also Mornington-Sanford Aviation
- 29-Aug-20 HC-CVB Robinson R66 Manta, Ecuador
- Robinson Delivers R66 Serial Number 1000
- 04-Aug-20 RA-06353 Robinson R66 Mount Belukha, Russia
- FAA Approves Shadin Fuel Flow Meter on Robinson R66
- Robinson’s Impact-Resistant Windshields Improve Bird Strike Protection
- Rotorcorp stops support for Skurka Aerospace and Aviall RR300 Starter Generators for R66
- SAFE develops Pitch Adjustment Tool for Robinson R22, R44 and R66
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- 09-Jan-20 N450MC Robinson R66 Silver Spring Township, US-Pennsylvania (2F)
- Robinson R66 Turbine Surpasses 1 Million Flight Hours
- Robinson Offers NEW R66 Slimline Auxiliary Fuel Tank
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- Canada approves Simplex spray system for Robinson R66
- EASA STC for DART’s R66 Emergency Float System
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Rotorcorp wins 2019 State and Regional Export Award
- Sloane Helicopters celebrates its 500th new Robinson Helicopter
- Robinson Adds Avidyne IFD Option
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Transport Canada Approves R66 Cargo Hook