The Oklahoma Army National Guard announced today they will receive four UH-72A “Lakota” helicopters this year. The helicopters will replace four OH-58C “Kiowa” helicopters that have been in service for more than 30 years. The first two Lakotas are scheduled to arrive in Oklahoma in April with the final two following in May.
The UH-72A is a twin engine platform with a single four-bladed main rotor and was designed as a light utility helicopter for the U.S. Army and the Army National Guard. It is a militarized version of the Eurocopter EC145 built by EADS North America.
The UH-72A will significantly increase the Oklahoma National Guard’s ability to conduct emergency support missions. Its primary missions will include homeland security, disaster-response, fire fighting command and control and medical evacuations.
Oklahoma Army National Guard aircrews and aircraft maintainers are currently undergoing training at several locations throughout the Southwest preparing for the UH-72’s arrival.
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 22-Feb-19 F-HSOX Airbus EC145 Bidarray, France
- SAFE Structure delivers Lakota stands to New Mexico National Guard
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Metro Delivers New Aircraft to University of Chicago
- Mercyhealth REACT Has New Helicopter in Service
- PAC International completes EC145 refurbishment
- ATP improves torquing method for Airbus EC145
- Duke Life Flight EC145 crash leads to lawsuit against Safran and pilot
- Anti-corruption questions over Airbus EC145 sale to Kazakhstan
- Airbus shows H130 and EC145 at AMTC 2017
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- The French Gendarmerie Nationale Orders an Additional EC145
- Iraq Ministry of Oil receives four EC145s
- The Helicopter Flight Training Center goes international
- New Location is LifeFlight’s First in Northwest Pennsylvania
- NZ CAA approves Metro Aviation EC145 simulator
- 22-May-17 AN-136 Eurocopter EC145 Punta Chame, Panama
- 19-May-17 N197LL Airbus EC145 Terre Haute, US-Indiana