Ornge, Ontario’s provider of air ambulance and related services is further improving accountability and transparency by introducing a whistleblower policy.
“We are truly committed to continuous improvement at Ornge, and that means everyone should feel free to come forward with concerns, without fear of reprisal,” said Ron McKerlie, Interim President and CEO of Ornge. “Our new whistleblower policy will promote integrity throughout the organization.”
The Whistleblower Policy is meant to help employees fulfil Ornge’s mandate of compassionate patient care with the highest standards of ethics and professionalism. The policy will be implemented through the appointment of Grant Thornton LLP – a leading Canadian accounting, audit and business advisory firm – as the Independent Ethics Officer for Ornge.
As the Independent Ethics Officer, Grant Thornton LLP will receive and track employee disclosures in a safe and confidential manner, and will then examine and assess each disclosure to determine if further steps are warranted. The firm has full discretion to conduct investigations and make recommendations, and will ensure the complainant is protected from reprisal.
This measure builds on recent improvements at Ornge, including the hiring of aviation executive Rob Giguere as the organization’s Chief Operating Officer, an improved patient relations process, the hiring of a Patient Advocate and the introduction of a new Conflict of Interest Policy. The Ornge board has also recently appointed Dr. Andrew McCallum as its new President and CEO, effective Jan. 21, 2013.
Ornge, a not-for-profit organization, coordinates all aspects of Ontario’s air ambulance system, the critical care land transport program, pediatric transport program and the authorization of air and land ambulance transfers between hospitals.
- Quebec acquires pre-owned Airbus H145 for law enforcement
- Arrow Aviation Completes First Single Pilot IFR Bell 407 for HEMS Service
- The Ecuadorian Air Force takes delivery of their first two H145s
- Emesent is pioneering autonomous drone flight
- Bell Joins Canadian Advanced Air Mobility Consortium
- TracPlus and v2track disrupt the global asset tracking and communications market
- Royal Singapore AF lands Chinook on Australian Navy ship for first time
- Vanderbilt LifeFlight named National Program of the Year
- IBAC Honored by Top Flight Safety Award Nomination for New IS-BAO Programme
- PS Engineering digital audio controller now has Black Hawk STC
- Canada launches major initiative in advanced air mobility
- Russian Helicopters launches Mi-8 test operation program in Indonesia
- Obituary – Dennis Kenyon – 3 October 1932 – 28 October 2020
- Global AirParts announces S-76 part out from LCI
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems gains FAA STC for MD500
- Voler Aviation Services add third helicopter type to training fleet
- Cobham’s RT-7000 Granted FAA TSOA
- Sikorsky awarded $550M contract for delivery of 6 CH-53K
- Foreign Military Sale to TECRO of 100 Harpoon Coastal Defense Systems
- MNP makes significant contribution to STARS fleet renewal program