Warrants Officer Dave Woodhead, 7 Squadron Warrant Officer Engineering, was awarded an MBE in the New Years Honours. Warrant Officer Woodhead has shown over 35 years of exceptional dedication, leadership and devotion to duty. During this time he has deployed to numerous operations and has been previously recognised with various Commendations. Due to his innovative resolute and incisive leadership he has delivered engineering excellence to the Force.
On receiving the award Warrant Officer Woodhead said “Having almost reached the end of what has been an extremely enjoyable and fulfilling RAF career, the award of the MBE came as a great surprise. Having spent almost 30 years within the Chinook Force, 27 of those at RAF Odiham, the sheer professionalism and dedication of all those who serve the force never ceases to amaze me. Without doubt, it is these generally unsung hero’s who have consistently achieved outstanding feats both at home and operationally and whose efforts have led to my receiving such a prestigious award.”
As well as Warrant Officer Woodhead’s personal excellence being recognised, the Flight that he is part of were also recognised in the form of a Commander Joint Helicopter Command Commendation. 7 Sqn Engineering Flight earned the award for their outstanding achievements during last year. During a busy period the Flight ensured that aircraft serviceability was maintained.
Warrant Officer Anthony Barker, 18/27 Squadron Warrant Officer Engineering, was awarded a Meritorious Service Medal for his consistent dedication and selfless commitment to the Royal Air Force during his 32 years of unfaltering service in support of Chinook helicopter operations in numerous campaigns, he has seen active service in the Former Republic of Yugoslavia, Kosovo and Iraq. Warrant Officer Barker has deployed to Afghanistan 4 times in recent years – often at short notice – where, alongside relentlessly generating aircraft for very high tempo daily tasking, he has been responsible for the continuous availability of the Chinook Medical Emergency Response and Immediate Response Team aircraft; a crucial responsibility which has direct impact upon ground operations, saving many lives. An inspirational figure, he forms the bedrock of a squadron of over 400 personnel.
As well as his dedication at work he has been at the forefront of the Basingstoke Scout District for over 17 years during which his efforts resulted in an annual Scout Shop turnover in excess of £22K.
- 05-Jan-21 ZA679 Boeing CH-47F Wantage, UK
- CAE win $90M US Army training contract
- KBR wins $49M contract to boost reliability of US Army CH-47 fleet
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work
- British military Joint Helicopter Command sustain airpower operation in Mali
- Honeywell Secures Repair and Overhaul Contract for US Army Chinook Fleet
- Boeing, Honeywell and Rolls-partner on German CH-47 bid
- RAAF new Chinook HQ to boost local Townsville economy
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- S.A.F.E. Structure Designs wins $1M CH-47F fall protection platform contract
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Coulson and Unical join forces to form Coulson Unical
- UTC Unveils New Lightweight Ballistic Protection
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Boeing Awarded $199M Contract for H-47 Rotor Blade Support
- Honeywell Awarded $20M Contract for CH-47 Engine Support
- US delivers new Chinook to Turkey despite F-35 problem
- Netherlands signs combined Apache and Chinook sustainment contract with Boeing
- CAE joins Boeing H-47 Chinook team
- Boeing, Rohde & Schwarz Sign Agreement