L-3 WESCAM announced today that it has signed an agreement with L-3 Component Overhaul and Repair (COR) to open a WESCAM Authorized Service Center (WASC) in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Now fully operational, the facility provides customers in the United States with a 40,000-square-foot center equipped to maintain its MX™-Series of electro-optical and infrared imaging turrets.
“The addition of this Fort Lauderdale location further confirms our ongoing commitment to make the servicing and maintenance of WESCAM equipment easier for our customers,” said Rod Till, vice president of customer service for L-3 WESCAM. “This will be our fourth service center in North America and our 14th center worldwide.”
“We are excited to be the latest WESCAM Authorized Service Center and are committed to fully supporting WESCAM and its customers with quality repairs and responsive turnaround times,” said Donna Himschoot, operations manager for L-3 Component Overhaul and Repair. “As an important part of the L-3 Electronic System Services (ESS) in-service support center of excellence within the L-3 Aviation Products sector, we will leverage our expertise and resources to be a highly reliable repair and overhaul center for WESCAM’s products.”
Deployed in close proximity to L-3 WESCAM’s customers, other strategically located facilities can be found throughout the U.K., Australia, Japan, Italy, Spain, Germany, Colombia, Ecuador, Jordan, USA and Canada. Three more WASCs are scheduled to open within the next 24 months.
L-3 WESCAM is a world leader in the design and manufacture of stabilized, multi-spectral imaging systems. To learn more about L-3 WESCAM, please visit the company’s website at www.wescam.com.
L-3 Electronic System Services (ESS) is a division of the L-3 Aviation Products (AP) sector. L-3 AP is a leading provider of commercial and military avionics with unsurpassed performance, quality and customer support. L-3 AP manufactures a diverse line of safety- and efficiency-enhancing products that sets the standard for next-generation requirements, including configurable voice and data recorders, collision avoidance systems, navigation products, display systems and processors. L-3 AP also offers aftermarket services, including MRO and integrated performance-based logistics for military and commercial systems. To learn more about L-3 Aviation Products, please visit www.L-3com.com/aviationproducts.
Headquartered in New York City, L-3 employs approximately 51,000 people worldwide and is a prime contractor in C3ISR (Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) systems, aircraft modernization and maintenance, and national security solutions. L-3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on military and commercial platforms. To learn more about L-3, please visit the company’s website at www.L-3com.com.
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee