L-3 WESCAM announced today that it has signed an agreement with L-3 Component Overhaul and Repair (COR) to open a WESCAM Authorized Service Center (WASC) in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Now fully operational, the facility provides customers in the United States with a 40,000-square-foot center equipped to maintain its MX™-Series of electro-optical and infrared imaging turrets.
“The addition of this Fort Lauderdale location further confirms our ongoing commitment to make the servicing and maintenance of WESCAM equipment easier for our customers,” said Rod Till, vice president of customer service for L-3 WESCAM. “This will be our fourth service center in North America and our 14th center worldwide.”
“We are excited to be the latest WESCAM Authorized Service Center and are committed to fully supporting WESCAM and its customers with quality repairs and responsive turnaround times,” said Donna Himschoot, operations manager for L-3 Component Overhaul and Repair. “As an important part of the L-3 Electronic System Services (ESS) in-service support center of excellence within the L-3 Aviation Products sector, we will leverage our expertise and resources to be a highly reliable repair and overhaul center for WESCAM’s products.”
Deployed in close proximity to L-3 WESCAM’s customers, other strategically located facilities can be found throughout the U.K., Australia, Japan, Italy, Spain, Germany, Colombia, Ecuador, Jordan, USA and Canada. Three more WASCs are scheduled to open within the next 24 months.
L-3 WESCAM is a world leader in the design and manufacture of stabilized, multi-spectral imaging systems. To learn more about L-3 WESCAM, please visit the company’s website at www.wescam.com.
L-3 Electronic System Services (ESS) is a division of the L-3 Aviation Products (AP) sector. L-3 AP is a leading provider of commercial and military avionics with unsurpassed performance, quality and customer support. L-3 AP manufactures a diverse line of safety- and efficiency-enhancing products that sets the standard for next-generation requirements, including configurable voice and data recorders, collision avoidance systems, navigation products, display systems and processors. L-3 AP also offers aftermarket services, including MRO and integrated performance-based logistics for military and commercial systems. To learn more about L-3 Aviation Products, please visit www.L-3com.com/aviationproducts.
Headquartered in New York City, L-3 employs approximately 51,000 people worldwide and is a prime contractor in C3ISR (Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) systems, aircraft modernization and maintenance, and national security solutions. L-3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on military and commercial platforms. To learn more about L-3, please visit the company’s website at www.L-3com.com.
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet