L-3 WESCAM announced today that it has signed an agreement with L-3 Component Overhaul and Repair (COR) to open a WESCAM Authorized Service Center (WASC) in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Now fully operational, the facility provides customers in the United States with a 40,000-square-foot center equipped to maintain its MX™-Series of electro-optical and infrared imaging turrets.
“The addition of this Fort Lauderdale location further confirms our ongoing commitment to make the servicing and maintenance of WESCAM equipment easier for our customers,” said Rod Till, vice president of customer service for L-3 WESCAM. “This will be our fourth service center in North America and our 14th center worldwide.”
“We are excited to be the latest WESCAM Authorized Service Center and are committed to fully supporting WESCAM and its customers with quality repairs and responsive turnaround times,” said Donna Himschoot, operations manager for L-3 Component Overhaul and Repair. “As an important part of the L-3 Electronic System Services (ESS) in-service support center of excellence within the L-3 Aviation Products sector, we will leverage our expertise and resources to be a highly reliable repair and overhaul center for WESCAM’s products.”
Deployed in close proximity to L-3 WESCAM’s customers, other strategically located facilities can be found throughout the U.K., Australia, Japan, Italy, Spain, Germany, Colombia, Ecuador, Jordan, USA and Canada. Three more WASCs are scheduled to open within the next 24 months.
L-3 WESCAM is a world leader in the design and manufacture of stabilized, multi-spectral imaging systems. To learn more about L-3 WESCAM, please visit the company’s website at www.wescam.com.
L-3 Electronic System Services (ESS) is a division of the L-3 Aviation Products (AP) sector. L-3 AP is a leading provider of commercial and military avionics with unsurpassed performance, quality and customer support. L-3 AP manufactures a diverse line of safety- and efficiency-enhancing products that sets the standard for next-generation requirements, including configurable voice and data recorders, collision avoidance systems, navigation products, display systems and processors. L-3 AP also offers aftermarket services, including MRO and integrated performance-based logistics for military and commercial systems. To learn more about L-3 Aviation Products, please visit www.L-3com.com/aviationproducts.
Headquartered in New York City, L-3 employs approximately 51,000 people worldwide and is a prime contractor in C3ISR (Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) systems, aircraft modernization and maintenance, and national security solutions. L-3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on military and commercial platforms. To learn more about L-3, please visit the company’s website at www.L-3com.com.
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats
- P&WC announces new President
- BLADE’s New Helicopter Service Expands
- MARPA warns US manufacturers to check new EASA SMS proposals
- Coptersafety appointed new CEO
- Air Methods sets up agreement with Anthem in six states
- Qatar – AH-64E Apache Helicopters with Spare Parts and Related Equipment