London’s Air Ambulance, the Charity that delivers an advanced trauma team to critically injured people in London, is delighted to announce the appointment of Graham Hodgkin to the role of Chief Executive Officer. He joins at an exciting time of rapid transition for the Charity and will lead the service through its next stages of development and growth.
In addition to enhancing the current service, Graham will seek to secure additional funding to transform the scale and impact of the charity’s operations including the critical acquisition of a second helicopter.
Commenting on his appointment, Graham said: “I am incredibly excited about the opportunity to use my skills and experience to benefit this superb charity, which not only saves people’s lives daily but also leads the way for other air ambulance services globally. I look forward to the challenge that lies ahead and in particular to delivering a much needed second helicopter for London.”
Graham has more than two decades of experience in the City. He is a former Managing Director at Deutsche Bank, where he led a variety of client facing businesses, as well as being heavily involved with its Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives. As a consultant, he was integral to the execution of Deutsche’s social finance strategy, supporting the establishment of a £10m Impact Investment Fund of Funds that seeks to provide capital to social enterprises via intermediaries with the aim of generating both positive social impact and a financial return. Graham also previously founded an independent consultancy, providing a range of business advisory, coaching, training & leadership to the financial services, social enterprise and charitable sectors.
Dr. Gareth Davies, Medical Director and Chair of the Trustees of London’s Air Ambulance, said: “Building on our worldwide reputation for clinical excellence, Graham will lead the charity through its next phase of growth and development and will continue to enhance our capacity to serve the Capital.
“Graham’s appointment will enable us to expand our operations in order to deliver a sustainable uninterrupted service to Londoners who depend on our advanced trauma team to reach them quickly in their time of need, whether by helicopter or one of our rapid response cars.
“We value greatly the contribution made by our supporters, individual and corporate, which helps to ensure critically injured people in London continue to receive our life-saving care when they need it most.”
- Tanis receives STC for MD902 Preheat System
- Cornwall Air Ambulance flies 670 missions with two MD902s in 2017
- CoxHealth adds second MD Explorer
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance confirms sale of 2 MD902 Helicopters
- Hungarian Police introduce MD902 fleet bought pre-owned from Germany
- Busiest Day in the Year for Lincolnshire and Nottingham Air Ambulance
- Londons Air Ambulance wins Pride of Britain Award
- London Air Ambulance boss quits
- Cornwall Air Ambulance make milestone 26,000th rescue
- JSSI increases helicopter coverage
- Hungarian Police buys five pre-owned MD Explorers
- Londons Air Ambulance launches photo competition for 2017 calendar
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance go 24×7 – but on four wheels
- Name for second MD Explorer announced by London Air Ambulance
- Cornwall Air Ambulance extends HQ with help of banking fines
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust to replace MD Explorer with AW169
- Universal Avionics flies MD902 with InSight Integrated Flight Deck
- Cornwall Air Ambulance recruits eight doctors
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance orders second H145
- UK Police evolves as two more bases close as planned