Erickson Air-Crane Incorporated (“Erickson”) (NASDAQ:EAC) has signed a contract with oil and gas company Pacific Rubiales Energy (“Pacific”) to provide heavy lift helicopter services in central Peru. Operations commenced on January 2nd of this year, and will last for a minimum of 12 months. The contract has a value of between $11 and 14 million, depending on total flight hours completed.
“We’re excited to partner with Pacific,” said Erickson CEO Udo Rieder. “This opportunity aligns with our overall strategy of further diversifying our fleet’s global reach, specifically in the emerging South American oil and gas market. We believe our unique capabilities will continue to create opportunities to increase our share of the South American market with new, significant, and non-seasonal sources of revenue.”
Erickson, which manufactures and maintains a fleet of S-64 heavy lift rotorcraft, will assist Pacific in moving drill rig components and supplies between exploratory sites in a remote area of east-central Peru. The work will be in support of Pacific’s oil and gas exploration program in Lease Block 138, approximately 60 kilometers from Pucallpa, Peru.
Erickson will be providing one S64-F model aircrane helicopter, with pilots, full field maintenance support crews, parts and components, in order to ensure maximum aircraft readiness.
About Erickson Air-Crane Incorporated
Erickson Air-Crane specializes in the operation and manufacture of the Erickson S-64 Aircrane (the “Aircrane”), a versatile and powerful heavy-lift helicopter. The Aircrane has a lift capacity of up to 25,000 pounds and is the only commercial aircraft built specifically as a flying crane without a fuselage for internal loads. The Aircrane is also the only commercial heavy-lift helicopter with a rear load-facing cockpit, combining an unobstructed view and complete aircraft control for precision lift and load placement capabilities. Erickson Air-Crane owns and operates a fleet of 18 Aircranes, which are used to support a wide variety of government and commercial customers worldwide across a broad range of aerial services, including firefighting, timber harvesting, infrastructure construction, and crewing. Erickson Air-Crane also manufactures Aircranes and related components for sale to government and commercial customers and provides aftermarket support and maintenance, repair, and overhaul services for the Aircrane and other aircraft. Founded in 1971, Erickson Air-Crane is headquartered in Portland, Oregon with its principal manufacturing facility based in Central Point, Oregon. For more information, please visit www.ericksonaircrane.com.
About Pacific Rubiales Energy
Pacific Rubiales Energy is a $5 billion public company listed on the Toronto, Colombian and Brazilian stock exchanges. It is the largest independent oil and gas exploration and production company in Colombia, and owns 100% of Pacific Stratus and Meta Petroleum Limited, both operate and own interests in the Rubiales and Piriri oil fields in Colombia’s Llanos Basin and the La Creciente natural gas field in northern Colombia. The Company is focused on identifying growth opportunities in other countries like Peru.
- Erickson is flying six firefighting S64s in Australia
- 28-Jan-19 N173AC Sikorsky S64 Jericho, Australia
- Erickson PR machine details current fleet contracts
- Korean Forest Service contracts with Erickson to build a S-64E Aircrane
- San Diego Gas & Electric launches fire-fighting Aircrane
- Erickson and Kestrel extend Australian firefighting contract
- Rokstad Power hire Erickson for British Columbia heavy lift work
- Erickson makes series of new appointments
- Erickson to help build 160 transmission towers in India
- Erickson sets date for December 2015 quarter results
- Erickson renews British Columbia S64 timber contract for fifth time
- Third Aircrane to fight bushfires Victoria, Australia
- Erickson extends Greek fire contract with three S64 Aircranes
- SDG&E Brings Back The Skycrane To Bolster Regional Fire Suppression
- Erickson moving dozens of employees to Medford
- Erickson Announces Enhanced Aircrane Modifications
- Erickson Announces 2015 Wildfire Suppression Readiness
- Erickson Secures Two Key Contracts in Alaska
- Sunset Aviation Service launches new website
- Erickson Secures Philippines Dam Contract Award