Bolivian Government Minister Carlos Romero is reported in local press as announcing that the the national law enforcement agency “Policía Boliviana” will receive two Robinson R44s later this month.
Due to the altitudes involved in Bolivia, the pair will not be able to fly around the capital La Paz, which lies between 10,650 and 13,250 feet above sea level. They will instead be operational in the state of Santa Cruz to the east of the country, a much lower area with typical levels of around 1,000 feet above sea level.
The two R44s are expected to be part of a new initiative towards a wider national airborne police network, and there are hints of spending around “$2.5M per helicopter” for the La Paz state.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- 12-Sep-20 N537BC Robinson R44 Willow, US-Alaska
- 29-Aug-20 B-7537 Robinson R44 Longnan, China (1F)
- Robinson R44 – FAA AD 2020-18-08 – Engine Air Intake System
- 26-Aug-20 RA-04393 Robinson R44 Krasnaya Polyana, Russia
- 13-Aug-20 SP-SVW Robinson R44 Sady, Poland
- 13-Aug-20 OK-??? Robinson R44 Zamberk, Czech Republic
- 08-Aug-20 N89LA Robinson R44 Logan, US-Iowa
- 06-Aug-20 N61MX Robinson R44 Ashton, US-Idaho
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- Estonian Air Force starts retirement of the Robinson R44
- 26-Jul-20 G-WTWT Robinson R44 II Herne Bay, UK
- FAA Approves Lycoming’s Electronic Ignition System on Robinson Helicopters
- FAA approves updated STC for EIT Avionics radalt interface on R44
- Robinson’s Impact-Resistant Windshields Improve Bird Strike Protection
- Six Robinson Helicopters Delivered to China
- SAFE develops Pitch Adjustment Tool for Robinson R22, R44 and R66
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- 13-Dec-19 N440AH Robinson R44 San Antonio, US-Texas
- AirX starts new link between Tokyo Heliport and Tokyo Narita Airport
- 25-Oct-19 ZT-RAL Robinson R44 Sinoville, South Africa