Watson, Farley & Williams (“WFW”), a leading international law firm, is pleased to announce that it has advised CHC Helicopter on an operating lease facility of up to US$202m with Milestone Aviation, for up to 12 helicopters (including Sikorsky, Eurocopter and AgustaWestland helicopters), its third facility with Milestone.
The team, led by partner Nicola Davies, has completed the sale and leaseback of the first helicopters under this facility, which are being operated in the United Kingdom, Malaysia, Norway, Brazil and Australia. The team is currently working on the lease of the next three helicopters, which are intended to operate in Thailand and the United Kingdom.
WFW also advised CHC on the buy-out of a number of the helicopters from their previous lessor owners, as well as on the leasing and security documentation required for the Milestone facility.
CHC Helicopter is the world’s largest helicopter services company specialising in transportation to offshore oil and gas platforms, and helicopter maintenance repair and overhaul. It is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada and operates more than 250 helicopters in over 30 countries around the world.
Milestone Aviation is based in the US and Ireland, and specialises in financing fixed wing aircraft and helicopters.
Lead partner Nicola Davies said: “We are delighted to have supported CHC on the conclusion of yet another new lease facility. CHC’s ability to continue to raise finance in such turbulent times demonstrates its standing as the world’s largest helicopter service company. Our support on this facility reinforces our continued commitment to, and long-standing relationship with, CHC (which is now into its ninth year) and the strength of our helicopters practice in our aviation sector capability. We look forward to continuing to work with CHC in the future.”
- Kopter Group and Korea Aerospace Industries enter into cooperation
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- ForeFlight Announces Launch of Dispatch
- DRF to upgrade Airbus H145 fleet to five-blade rotorhead
- DART Aerospace acquires key product lines and brand trademark
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2020
- Flight testing begins for the first H225Ms for Kuwait
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™