Rockwell Collins today unveiled the latest enhancements to its Flight Manager website, which is an integral part of the company’s Ascend flight information solutions. The new features, available immediately, include dynamic graphical flight tracking and an electronic Advance Passenger Information System (APIS) for Part 91 operators.
“These enhancements help accomplish our mission to streamline flight operations systems,” said Steve Timm, vice president and general manager of Flight Information Solutions for Rockwell Collins. “The new flight tracking feature provides operators with the situational awareness they need to more efficiently and effectively manage their fleet.”
The flight tracker utilizes a Google Maps™ platform to provide Rockwell Collins data link subscribers with a worldwide view of their aircraft’s position in flight, as well as the flight path of completed and upcoming flights. The dynamic page allows users to overlay satellite and U.S. radar data to see where an aircraft is in relation to adverse weather. Users can also click on the aircraft icon to send data link messages instantly to flight crews.
The flight tracking tool is accessible through the web and can be projected onto an overhead LCD display to provide an operational view for the flight department.
The new Flight Manager APIS tool integrates all necessary information for trips coming in and out of the U.S., including flight plan, crew and passenger information, and allows Part 91 operators to easily create and submit the report. The prepopulated format saves time and reduces potential for error by avoiding redundant data entry and management of multiple passenger/crew databases.
Rockwell Collins is the only company that seamlessly connects schedule and dispatch capability with flight planning and other flight services to create an end-to-end solution that lowers the total cost of ownership and enhances efficiency for any-sized flight department. The full range of Ascend flight information solutions includes:
- Flight Operations System (FOS®) schedule and dispatch software
- Regional and international trip support
- Fuel pricing and service information
- Aircraft Information Manager wireless content updates, including FMS databases
- Flight Watch dedicated meteorologist services
- Personalized expert services such as ground handling and regulatory compliance assistance
About Rockwell Collins
Rockwell Collins (NYSE: COL) is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication and aviation electronic solutions for both commercial and government applications. Our expertise in flight deck avionics, cabin electronics, mission communications, information management, and simulation and training is delivered by 20,000 employees, and a global service and support network that crosses 27 countries. To find out more, please visit www.rockwellcollins.com.
- President of Uruguay welcomes first SAR AB412
- Airbus to keep NASA’s helicopters flying for up to 10 years
- Viterra and STARS to launch calendar campaign fundraiser
- UW Health Med Flight’s first all-woman crew makes history
- Swire Oilfield Services acquires Helifuel
- Aviation Jobs – statistical comparison between 2019 and 2020
- BBGA calls Brexit webinar
- Devon Air Ambulance celebates exemplary service
- Polar Airlines becomes first service centre for Ansat helicopters
- Kazan Ansat approved for all documentation in electronic form
- SH09 prototype returns home with improved aerodynamics
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505
- First Bell Authorized Maintenance Center Added in Denmark
- New equipment options revealed for Ansat
- Safran Helicopter Engines appoints Executive Vice-President, Support and Services
- CGAS Humboldt Bat orders HH-65 maintenance platforms
- Bell Adds Its First European Authorized Maintenance Center to its Support Network
- 15-Sep-20 N489DM Bell 407 Fort Worth, US-Texas
- Christoph 54 completes 50th Operation
- Gulf Helicopters announces the success in qualifying to the standards of ISO 45001:2018 accreditation