Rockwell Collins today unveiled the latest enhancements to its Flight Manager website, which is an integral part of the company’s Ascend flight information solutions. The new features, available immediately, include dynamic graphical flight tracking and an electronic Advance Passenger Information System (APIS) for Part 91 operators.
“These enhancements help accomplish our mission to streamline flight operations systems,” said Steve Timm, vice president and general manager of Flight Information Solutions for Rockwell Collins. “The new flight tracking feature provides operators with the situational awareness they need to more efficiently and effectively manage their fleet.”
The flight tracker utilizes a Google Maps™ platform to provide Rockwell Collins data link subscribers with a worldwide view of their aircraft’s position in flight, as well as the flight path of completed and upcoming flights. The dynamic page allows users to overlay satellite and U.S. radar data to see where an aircraft is in relation to adverse weather. Users can also click on the aircraft icon to send data link messages instantly to flight crews.
The flight tracking tool is accessible through the web and can be projected onto an overhead LCD display to provide an operational view for the flight department.
The new Flight Manager APIS tool integrates all necessary information for trips coming in and out of the U.S., including flight plan, crew and passenger information, and allows Part 91 operators to easily create and submit the report. The prepopulated format saves time and reduces potential for error by avoiding redundant data entry and management of multiple passenger/crew databases.
Rockwell Collins is the only company that seamlessly connects schedule and dispatch capability with flight planning and other flight services to create an end-to-end solution that lowers the total cost of ownership and enhances efficiency for any-sized flight department. The full range of Ascend flight information solutions includes:
- Flight Operations System (FOS®) schedule and dispatch software
- Regional and international trip support
- Fuel pricing and service information
- Aircraft Information Manager wireless content updates, including FMS databases
- Flight Watch dedicated meteorologist services
- Personalized expert services such as ground handling and regulatory compliance assistance
About Rockwell Collins
Rockwell Collins (NYSE: COL) is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication and aviation electronic solutions for both commercial and government applications. Our expertise in flight deck avionics, cabin electronics, mission communications, information management, and simulation and training is delivered by 20,000 employees, and a global service and support network that crosses 27 countries. To find out more, please visit www.rockwellcollins.com.
- Airwolf Aerospace and True Blue Power Announce New Lithium-ion Main Ship Battery STCs
- Telephonics flight tests MOSAIC AESA Radar System on MH-60S
- Bucher presents its newest multi-mission HEMS at Heli-Expo 2020
- Astronautics Readies Its Airborne Communication System for Various Airbus Platforms
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI Brings Enhanced Capability to Santa Barbara Firehawk
- Astronautics Nears FAA Approval on STC for RoadRunner EFI on Bell 212 and 412
- Canada approves Astronics Enhanced Vision Systems on Bell 407
- Cobham Launches Titan Digital Audio Management Series
- Luma Technologies offers Goggle Ready LED Solutions for UH-60 / S-70 Operators
- Air Methods to supply two EC145s to Houston Healthcare
- Kenyan Air Force receives first six MD530Fs
- VFS Leads eVTOL Efforts at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Kopter’s SH09 flies with a new main rotor configuration
- Air Methods lowers costs to patients
- MINT Turbines Announces Launch of Redesigned Website
- 26-Jan-20 N72EX Sikorsky S76B Calabasas, US-California (9F)
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations