Sikorsky Aerospace Services (SAS) today announced plans to structurally repair seven damaged UH-60L BLACK HAWK helicopters for the Colombian Army (COLAR) at its base depot in Tolemaida, Colombia. To ensure sustained support for operations as mandated by the Colombian Army, the Colombian Army Aviation (part of the Army’s Combined Arms Team) has continued to expand its in-country BLACK HAWK maintenance services – tripling the size of the Sikorsky Depot Team. Sikorsky Aerospace Services (SAS) is the aftermarket business of Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
“Colombia has been our valued customer for over thirty years. Our ability to support the operational readiness of the Colombian Armed Services is paramount in their efforts to ensure national order and security,” said Frank DiPasquale , SAS Vice-President of Sales & Strategic Relationships. “The capacity to perform these repairs in-country will represent significant savings to our customer and underscores our ability to be a full life-cycle service provider. The success of this program provides economical options for Sikorsky BLACK HAWK operators worldwide.”
Colombia operates the world’s fourth-largest BLACK HAWK fleet. The technical and tactical characteristics of the UH-60L fleet provide the mobility and penetration required by the Colombian Army to execute a variety of dynamic missions. To provide the requisite support to COLAR units, the Air Assault Aviation Division of the National Army requires optimum fleet readiness and airworthiness. The UH-60L aircraft support air assault, reconnaissance, supply and other missions.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture and service. Its Sikorsky Aerospace Services business designs and applies advanced logistics and supply chain solutions for commercial rotary, military rotary and fixed wing operators. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
- DynCorp Awarded UH-60 Contractor Logistics Support Services Task Order
- Philippines orders 15 Black Hawks
- NY National Guard honours UH-60 crash aircrew
- 02-Feb-21 (tba) Sikorsky UH-60 Lucky Peak, US-Idaho (3F)
- Ace Aeronautics Earns STC for Electro-Optical Sensor Mount
- 31-Dec-20 J-1902 Sikorsky UH-60M Istanbul, Turkey
- CAE win $90M US Army training contract
- Maine Army National Guard works closer with community leaders
- Wisconsin National Guard UH-60 Black Hawk aircrews hold training at Fort McCoy
- 27-Aug-20 ??-????? Sikorsky MH-60M San Clemente Island, US-California (2F)
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Helinet enters firefighting market with UH-60 contract win
- Collins Aerospace promotes Goodrich rescue hoist on S70 Firehawk
- Telephonics flight tests MOSAIC AESA Radar System on MH-60S
- Luma Technologies offers Goggle Ready LED Solutions for UH-60 / S-70 Operators
- Simplex awarded FAA certification for Internal Fire Attack System
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- CPI Aero Secures Additional Orders From Sikorsky
- Rockwell Collins Awarded $49M Contract for UH-60 Display Unit Overhaul
- AAI Corp. Awarded $20M Contract for JSECST for CV-22, UH-47 and UH-60