The Night Vision Awards selection committee announce that they are now taking final nominations for the 2013 Night Vision Awards Show to be held in Las Vegas at Helicopter Association International’s HELI-EXPO. Awards will be presented at an awards dinner to be announced at a later date. All entries should be submitted by Friday, February 15. The Night Vision Awards will now only be held once a year at HELI-EXPO.
“The new Night Vision Awards will be bigger and better than last year,” said Aviation Specialties Unlimited Director of Sales and Marketing Hannah Gordon. “We had record attendance and nominations last year and operators from all industry segments were recognized. Because of the growing number of entries, we wanted to change to an annual award show to celebrate more recipients together instead having smaller ceremonies throughout the year.”
The Night Vision Awards is an annual awards series with recognition events held since 2011. The purpose of this event series is to promote operational leadership and excellence in the use of Night Vision, in North American and around the world.
“We are humble to have the opportunity once again this year to honor and celebrate the achievements in operational leadership and NVG excellence for aviation organizations from around the globe,” stated Night Flight Concepts President Adam Aldous. “HELI-EXPO is the perfect venue for the Night Vision Awards as it attracts operators from every segment of the industry and from all over the world. We hope attendees at HELI-EXPO will join us for the new Annual Night Vision Awards.”
Night Vision Awards will be given for the following categories:
• 5-year service award
• 10-year service award
• Community Awareness award
• Mark of Excellence award
• International Advancement Award
Nominations are accepted year round. Any flight operation using any Night Vision systems is eligible for consideration. Award nomination packets can be downloaded or filled out at http://www.nightvisionawards.com. Operators must be present at AMTC in order to be eligible for entry for the awards at AMTC. Nominators are asked to submit photos, videos and stories about their use of Night Vision Systems along with their nomination form. Applicants are asked to email supporting materials to [email protected]. A full list of previous winners and award description can be found on nightvisionaward.com.
Since 1995, ASU’s goal has been to implement night vision in the civil aviation market to increase operational safety and improve mission capabilities. Our focus is on providing a turnkey solution to our customers so that with one call they can obtain:
• Night vision goggles and replacement parts
• Service/inspection for goggles
• NVG cockpit lighting solutions, installed by our FAA-approved 145 repair station technicians at our facility in Boise, Idaho, or at the customer’s facility
• Cockpit replacement parts provided by our FAA-approved PMA
• Initial and recurrent training for flight crews on the use of night vision via an FAA-approved 141 Training Program and/or 135 Air Operator Certificate
• Assistance in establishing Night Vision Programs.
To date, ASU is quickly closing in on 700 aircraft STC installations and sold over 2,500 aviator systems in the U.S.
From equipment acquisition through sustainment, Night Flight Concepts helps aviation organizations worldwide with all their Night Vision Goggle (NVG) needs. A leader in NVG planning, acquisition, training and maintenance, NFC provides comprehensive NVG solutions designed to deliver and sustain exceptional quality, value, safety and performance over time.
NFC offerings include NVG maintenance, equipment sales, flight and maintenance training, NVG inspections, aircraft modifications and consulting. Industry education initiatives include www.nvgsafety.com andwww.laserstrikeprotection.com. NFC headquarters and FAA-approved Part 145 Repair Station (certification #N5ZR113B) are based in Bedford, Texas.
- “Before your flight” example of Airbus proactive support of global safety initiatives
- US Allied Forces Kick-off EOD Exercise HYDRACRAB
- HAI Applauds Utah Rotor Pathway Program Rollout
- Russia in the lead at the 3rd stage of the Helicopter World Cup
- Airbus delivers H145 to New Zealand EMS
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Bavaria’s air rescue is considered a leader
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit